[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - upgrading jg g36c Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

upgrading jg g36c

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

upgrading jg g36c

Postby Nathan Morgan » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:54 pm

I am looking into getting aim high speed gears, shs high speed motor , and a 7 metal tooth piston. I'll be running a 9.6v bat and a m110 spring, i was wondering if i should get a mosfet now or later. I was told that an active breaking mosfet would be bad for this setup... Also if anyone could give me an estimate on what kind of rate of fire i would be getting and also if they're would be a risk in using these parts.. and one final question could i use an 11.1v 15c 1600mah.bat

Elite Force m27 tan polarstar

Check out my team's videos
@ Breach Airsoft on youtube
http://youtu.be/lq6N4aZOI54
Nathan Morgan

Re: upgrading jg g36c

Postby Grumsy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:10 am

FETs are nice. I run them, but all of my guns are lipo. For a lipo they help with the trigger arcing issue.
I am not sure about using a FET for a 9.6

If you are going to run a lipo make sure it is 20 or 25 c.

My original set up for my G&P was high speed: 13:1 ratio and high speed motor, with an 11.1v I was getting 21 rps.

After shredding a gear set, 2 motors and a trigger set, I have gone to other direction. I went with 300:100 gears, and a high torque motor. I kept the m110, the FET and dropped to a 7.4v. My gun has been running great for a while. I am still getting about 14 rps @ 380 fps w .20 BBs. Since I only ever use semi auto or 3 rnd burst Rof isn't a big deal for me.
In war winning is all that matters. In a game, it is all about sportsmanship.

Grumsy

Postby Nathan Morgan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:39 am

What spring was you using on the g&p.... How do people get 30 rounds per second? I'm mainly aiming for 23ish rps
Last edited by Nathan Morgan on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nathan Morgan

Postby vulrath » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:01 am

He's probably using an M90 spring. To a degree, these observations hold true for FPS versus rate of fire setups:

1) The higher the spring you're using is rated, the lower your rate of fire is going to be.

2) The lower the spring you're using is rated, the higher your rate of fire is going to be.

You can somewhat adjust it further by using high-speed gears, sector chips, MOSFETs, capacitor banks, high-voltage batteries, etc.
vulrath

Postby Nathan Morgan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:45 am

I figured as much.... I want to be able to you this gun in cqb and field so under 350...so a m100 spring would fit the bill? I don't know if 30fps would be worth the rof increase as no one would call it with the m90 spring

Nathan Morgan

Postby Grumsy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:07 pm

The original was about an m100 or m110 Not sure.

If you are setting up for CQB most places restrict you to semi auto only. Well, at least up here anyway. As for higher FPS for people that don't call hits...that sucks LOL. They don't call their hits, so i get shot harder too =)

Not sure what you budget is like, but if you are looking for extreme RoF go with a fusion engine. My buddy runs his at 41 rps at 340 fps =) It is like shooting a long range super soaker!

Grumsy

Postby Nathan Morgan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Haha if only I could afford a polar star setup....... I know about the semi auto thing and I might of changed roads..... I want trigger response and rof haha so I was thinking a src high torque motor and low res wiring.. With a 7 tooth piston ruining on an 11.1 lipo? How would the rof be.... And how reliable would this set up be

Nathan Morgan

Postby Nathan Morgan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Haha if only I could afford a polar star setup....... I know about the semi auto thing and I might of changed roads..... I want trigger response and rof haha so I was thinking a src high torque motor and low res wiring.. With a 7 tooth piston ruining on an 11.1 lipo? How would the rof be.... And how reliable would this set up be

Nathan Morgan

Postby Nathan Morgan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:49 pm

Disregard all other post and Iam thinking on:
1. Src high torque motor
2. Shs high speed gears 13:1
3. 7 metal tooth piston
4. non active breaking mosfet
5.11.1 lipo 1600mah 20c
6. Low res wiring
My question now is.

1. Would I have a nice trigger response
2. Would I have a nice 20 rps with the lipo

1.if i just use a 9.6 without the mosfet and wiring what kind of rof would i be getting

Nathan Morgan

Postby Nathan Morgan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:28 pm

okay ima go about this a different way i want an increased rof for about 80 im spending $20 on a used motor i can get either a shs high speed or src high torque motor.... want should i spend the other 60 on...im trying to get a high rof without using a lipo. please and thank you for any help

Nathan Morgan

Postby Nathan Morgan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Can I get an 11.1 lipo, a MOSFET and a metal tooth piston? and that would be the answer to all of my questions... Higher trigger response and rps?

Nathan Morgan

Postby vulrath » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:01 pm

I'd get a System Supercore polycarb piston. They've garnered quite the reputation. Just note that you may have to put a shim between the piston and head (a metal washer will suffice; you'll end up with about a 5 FPS boost as a side effect).

I've done a lot of work with IRF3703 MOSFETs. They're hardy, cheap, and easy to wire in (though for someone who's never done it, cutting the negative lead to the motor is a bit of a daunting task). Most importantly, if done right, they're fairly easy to replace should one die on you (face it, it's going to happen eventually - I've already replaced 3 of them).
vulrath

Postby Grumsy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:21 am

RoF: High speed gears and an 11.1 will get you that.
Good trigger response: HS Gears and and 11.1 will get you that.

For REALLY good trigger response a Raptor MOSFET has precocking (Funny word hehe). That is damn near instant.

A cheap alt that I have been using is an Avocado from Evike.

Anytime you jump to 13:1 and an 11.1 you are pushing to the edge of the capabilities of your equipment. Anytime you push things to the edge they will fail faster. Since I only have one "main" gun right now, I went with a low wear build to increase the longevity of the gun. (High torque mech box with a normal spring). I had a lot of issues with the highspeed setup. However, I think that my gun was messed up from the factory, so it may have just been my situation.

The avocado will not help with the arching problem, when you go to lipo be ready for that. Also, if you are going to move to lipo you may want to switch to Dean's connectors. The contacts are a lot better and you wont get as much resistance.

If you are interested, I have four 11.1v lipos (3 small foregrip one that would fit an M4 buffer tube). I have an Avocado too. They are all wired to Dean's. I am not looking for cash, but I am looking to trade =)

I have been looking for a fat guy plate carrier. And I am always looking to pick up pouches =)

Grumsy

Postby Nathan Morgan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:43 pm

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=24661. would this charge an 11.1 lipo and im interest if you have extra dean connecters... haha and what is a good cheap mosfet... that is not active breaking and not fancy (electronic)

Nathan Morgan

Postby Nathan Morgan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:18 pm

heres my set up...

1. mosfet
2. 11.1 lipo
3. 7 metal tooth piston
4. deans
5. type 0 cylinder
6. 247mm tightbore
7. madbull bucking
is this a cheap decebt setup for rof, range, and trigger response?

im not asing for 300ft range and 50 rps....

Nathan Morgan

Next

Return to Gun Discussions