Handguard Issues

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Handguard Issues

Postby AirsoftGunz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:48 am

So I just recently got this Matrix (AIM) MOE M4 with Magpul Furniture throughout and have only played it a couple times. Yesterday, for whatever reason I felt like taking the top part of the Handguard off and then the bottom and now I can't seem to piece it back together. It seems like it's half and inch too long all of a sudden (even when the spring on the delta ring is fully compressed)... I have working at it for at least three hours now and its driving me CRAZY. I just want to put the hand guard back on. By the way it is a Magpul PTS handguard and it even came on the gun so....
Here's the gun: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=37822

I seriously have tried everything I can think about, I took the sling attachment off, then slid the front sight off so that I could piece the hand guard which it did.. but then I couldn't push the front sight back to it's original location (where there's already pre-drilled holes for it) so having no tension on the hand guard made that a failure. Then I messed with the other side of the handguard, near the delta ring, for a very long time winding the spring out so that the delta ring would be close the upper receiver (because there was no spring pushing it forwards and gravity was on my side :P) and yet still can't get it to fit no matter how hard I squeeze and squirm and move the handguard cap around.
It can't be impossible because Evike managed to get it on there the first time to send it to me. Once the top one was in there it was holding the gap so taking the lower handguard on and off was easy similar to how somebody might wedge a stick in the path of a closing door, if that made any sense??

AirsoftGunz

Return to Gun Discussions