[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Franken5 TM MP5 build Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Franken5 TM MP5 build

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Franken5 TM MP5 build

Postby Herz » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:51 am

Figured id post up this build as a break from my Armalites.

Way back in the day I acquired my first AEG in the form of a TM MP5A4.

Loved the accuracy of the gun but ended up fieldin Armalites due to worrying
of breaking the gun and its low fps.

Well... a while back I decided to fix this. pullin the gun apart and using a load of spare internals
I wanted to keep the accuracy but get a bit more range and power. at the time I was
buildint an SPR and replacing the internals of a CA X-Series M15 with Guarder.

So after a bit of digging I sourced a reinforced gearbox, metal bushings and gears/etc.
Now the internals are a mix of systema,guarder,CA and firing Lasers through a TM hopup.

Guesstimate wise the guns shooting anywhere between 350-380fps. With theTM hopup and
G&G extended tightbore barrel this gun almost outshoots and ranges my SPR while
still keeping a decent rof with the eg700.

Well, that solved the accuracy problem but I always worried about my full trademark
plastic body.

A while back I picked up an ICS Ver 3 MP5 in pieces to fix up. Recently I struck another idea.

Decided to get back into airsoft recently and wanted a change of pace and to finish my MP5.

A few hours later a few nights ago now everythin has been swapped over to the ICS metal body.

Now all Im lacking is a supressor to cover the barrel extension, rail for an eotech and a ris system.

Cant wait to field this gun.

Should have some photos up asap aswell as more documentation of the gun.

Once again. TM Hopups are friggin amazing.

"It's not the man with the medals, The story and Glory who is the hero. It's the fallen man, The man who died in his place. The hero who's story hath not been spoken."
-Can provide upgrade/repair services. PM for more info.-
Legion Of Ares
Herz

Re: Franken5 TM MP5 build

Postby Herz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Guns pretty much finished up. Opened the gearbox and replaced the 10+ year old wiring all with Turnigy 16awg wire and xt60 connectors. Even removed the wire from the motor connectors to use fresh solder and wire (Hate when people dont do that and just solder new wire to old >.<)

Also wired in an infected armory mosfet, swapped to a jg blue motor and the trigger response is perfecto with a decent rps.

Eotech is mounted up and cant wait to field the gun :)

Also added a silencer to cover the madbull m4 length tighbore.

Pics of the gearbox after swapping in the wiring.

Gun all finished up.

Feels nice to give my first Airsoft gun Ive owned since I was 13 a makeover. Brand new life for her and should be a blast to use.

Now to just order some R Hop patches to tinker with.
"It's not the man with the medals, The story and Glory who is the hero. It's the fallen man, The man who died in his place. The hero who's story hath not been spoken."
Legion Of Ares
Herz

Postby Hal9000 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:58 pm

That's a pretty sick looking suppressor, Herz 8)
Hal9000

Postby Herz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Legion Of Ares
Herz

Postby Herz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Quick vid of trigger response and rof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIN3fuf ... ata_player
Legion Of Ares
Herz

Postby mhalik » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:20 pm

A quality adds to the quality of your life.

Luke Steve's
mhalik

Return to Gun Discussions