[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Questions about GBBR Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Questions about GBBR

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Questions about GBBR

Postby jbear » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:39 pm

I've had my open bolt WE M4 since August and use it regularly, and I've had few problems so far. But if I were to upgrade some parts, I would like to know if it is compatible with WA/G&P parts.
I have done some research and aparantly it can use a real steal charging handle, but that's about all I can find.

Do any of you gas users know if the lower receiver parts can be interchangable between brands, and can they use various mags?
Also, would red gas be a bad idea for winter games?

jbear

Re: Questions about GBBR

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:07 pm

I did a G&P WOC build about a year ago (which is based off the WA design) and from what I've read and been told, the parts won't interchange with the WE. WE has it's own design so I don't think parts would swap out as easily.
As for the mags, just stick with the WE mags. WE mags are known for being really good. Yes, The leak but once fixed they are really good and apparently the newest generation magazines are some of the best out there.
I personally wouldn't run Red Gas because it would put a lot of stress on your internals. MAYBE C02 but I still wouldn't recommend it.
Just run Green Gas/Propane or get an AEG for the Winter Months.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby jbear » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:17 pm

Yes, that seems to be the popular opinion. From interenet surfing and comparing pictures I would have thought they'd work. I'll just stick to Ra-Tech when the time comes for new parts.

And I run 8 mags (if only they held 40-50 bbs instead of just 30 :| )...I've had to reseal 3 of them and 2 of those 3 had to be sealed once again, but I fixed them a few weeks ago so hopefully it holds.

Fluffy Boy, how is the hop-up on your G&P? I'm using .28g bbs and I still have shots that curve. I hate to do it, but .3g bbs are next on my list
jbear

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:43 pm

I've owned both systems (well, I had a WE SCAR, which uses the same system in the lower as the M4). They are totally incompatible with one another, with the exception of the externals (I've seen people use real upper receivers for both systems within certain bounds (IE using the Prime or Viper lowers with the WA system), and of course there are rails that will work on both rifles).

As to the WOC's hop, both of my guns have worked flawlessly (both the challenge kit build and the custom build). Love it.
vulrath

Postby W048444 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Dude, it's a GBBR. You're lucky if it holds up with OEM parts and no modifications.... if you start a patchwork gun with multiple manufacturers, you've just opened up a whole new can of worms.
2011 Viper Tech M4A1 CO2 GBBR
W048444

Return to Gun Discussions