high speed masada help

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

high speed masada help

Postby crips1 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:28 pm

Ok soo i just got an a&k masada and the internals arent arent vfc great, soo im putting some guarder steel high speed gears, g&p high speed piston, and aim high speed motor.
If you have any suggestions about what else i should put into it just let me know.

crips1

Re: high speed masada help

Postby Lancer » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:42 pm

Lose the piston. A high speed piston is more of a gimmick than anything. Sure it might be light weight but I'd recommend just getting a regular good quality piston. Also, high torque motors are better for high speed setups, especially when paired with high speed gears. They typically have higher torques which allows them to bring everything to full speed more quickly, which boosts trigger response.

Finally, my recommendation is to not bother going with the high speed route, as it is one of the most difficult to achieve any sort of reliability with and has very few benefits.

High speed rigs tend to wear down faster and have more problems than a decent standard ration setup. A normal setup with a decent motor and electronics will give you fantastic ROF.

I run a CA G36k that shoots over 400 with a .25g BB, and the thing shoots so fast that semi auto is more of a burst mode, that is, the gun shoots twice in semi auto because the thing cycles so fast (and I'm too cheap to get an AB mosfet). It is doing all this on stock classic army gears, an AMP High Torque motor, a mosfet, and 7.4v LiPo battery, and an M120 spring (also, the piston is a normal G&P polycarb piston w/ an aluminum head).
Lancer

Re: high speed masada help

Postby crips1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:17 pm

Ahhh thanks for the help i havent really made a setup before except for a dmr. I will try your way. appreciated
crips1

Return to Gun Discussions