[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Split Gearbox Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Split Gearbox

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Split Gearbox

Postby SharperShooterThanU » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:12 am

Hey guys, I am trying to build a nice custom M4 and I want to use it for both CQB and Field airsoft. That being said, I would like to easily be able to change the FPS of this gun on the field without having to disassemble it. I've heard of a split gearbox but what brands make split gearboxes? I would really like to have a CQB upper receiver and a field upper receiver that I can change in less than five minutes. Thank You.

Airsoft is a sport of truth.
"Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is a sin."
James 4:17 KJV
JG AR-15
JG G36c
KWA USPc
ZARYAD!!!!!
SharperShooterThanU

Re: Split Gearbox

Postby Waddamelon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:54 pm

ICS does for sure,

WE G18C PDW CUSTOM
Cybergun Kalashnikov 60th anniversery AK47
G&P M4 MRE
WE M1911 4.3 HICAPA
Waddamelon

Postby Lancer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:54 pm

ICS is the only one that does a truly "split" gearbox. They are excellent guns and I fully recommend them.

Other companies make a quick change spring system (a spring that can pop out the back of the gearbox) but even these take longer to disassemble than an ICS. I know Ares makes most (if not all) of their gearboxes like this and it certainly makes life easier when working on them.
Lancer

Postby xandman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:36 pm

If you need just the GB I would suggest a Prowin GB its gonna be expensive but well worth it. A few chinese companies made a few like the prowin (AABB made one) but not as good quality as a prowin.

ProWin- Back of the GB can be taken off

Here is a list of a few companies that make GBs with the ability for a quick change if you want to start from scratch

ICS- Upper and lower GB separate

ARES- Back of GB has a proprietary spring guide that you can swap springs

STAR- see ares ^^

WE Katana- taking an idea from Systema by having cylinders you can swap out.

Systema PTW- A waste of money in my mind but you can swap cylinders for power changes

Celcius- PTW clone
Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , 名誉 , 尊重 , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby SharperShooterThanU » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:00 pm

Xandman- which of those would you recommend?
"Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is a sin."
JG AR-15
JG G36c
KWA USPc
ZARYAD!!!!!
SharperShooterThanU

Postby xandman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Depends on your budget, but if money is no object I would get a ProWin. If you are gonna be building on a budget I would go with ICS
Leader of team "yakuza"
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
xandman

Postby SharperShooterThanU » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:52 pm

How much for the prowin?
JG AR-15
JG G36c
KWA USPc
ZARYAD!!!!!
SharperShooterThanU

Postby xandman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:57 pm

They used to retail for 200ish (+/- ) I have came across them used for 100-150 with all the parts.
Leader of team "yakuza"
xandman

Postby SharperShooterThanU » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:58 pm

Alright dude, thanks for the help, I'm thinking ICS.
JG AR-15
JG G36c
KWA USPc
ZARYAD!!!!!
SharperShooterThanU

Postby xandman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:59 pm

Anytime, glad I could be of help.
Leader of team "yakuza"
xandman

Postby Aughtaio » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:25 am

Aughtaio

Return to Gun Discussions