[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Gun Build Constructive Criticism Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Gun Build Constructive Criticism

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Gun Build Constructive Criticism

Postby KakarikoCitizen » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Over the past two years or so I've been slowly upgrading my gun and hope to eventually achieve a long range build similar to a DMR but still retain full auto. My base gun (dont h8) is a G&G Combat Machine with PBB. It was some ASGI custom bs with a Madbull Dragonfire 7" handguard and slightly upgraded internals I guess. I've put an m120 (I think, it was from an upgraded JG AK I bought off a guy that broke) I need to work on compression but right now Its shooting about 370-380 FPS with .25s at about 23 RPS. I would like to get up to about 425 FPS but my compression is crap currently. I have a polycarb piston with 3 metal teeth in the back and I've shimmed my GB to perfection, a JG Blue motor, 509mm 6.03 barrel, random bucking (need suggestions) and a stock hop-up. I have a 4" barrel extension I could pair with that 8" mock suppressor if I could find a 610mm tightbore somewhere, how would that affect accuracy\range?

Attachments
IMG_0094 (640x479).jpg
Ghetto pull-up bar display:)
IMG_0094 (640x479).jpg (190.13 KiB) Viewed 3135 times
KakarikoCitizen

Re: Gun Build Constructive Criticism

Postby vulrath » Tue May 13, 2014 7:23 am

First, the prodigal user returneth.

Second, fix the compression first. That's going to help you most of all. It's been a while since I messed with AEGs, but if I recall the length of the barrel doesn't matter past 250mm. After that it's the quality that matters. Spring for a Prometheus or PDI barrel. They're expensive for a reason.
vulrath

Return to Gun Discussions