[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - My First Gun Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

My First Gun

Discussions of Airsoft Guns: Electric Guns, Gas Guns, Springers (non-sniper). No real steel discussions please.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

My First Gun

Postby MechaDraco » Mon May 18, 2015 7:45 pm

So I hope this is the right place to put this out on, but I guess I was looking for a little advice on my first real gun, I have seen quite a few decent ones, and price really isn't an issue, though obviously I am not looking to go out and spend 500$ on a gun, I am willing to spend what is needed to have something that I know will at least last me a long wile, and give me plenty of entertainment out of it. I figure ,even though I am new, that I should look into AEG's since I have the money for them and willing to spend said money for them, but I suppose my question is, Since I am newer to the game, should I maybe consider simply sticking to spring? At least until I have gotten more into airsoft, or would gas, despite its higher upkeep cost, be a better choice in the longer run?

Basically I have already read a lot that AEG's seem to be more of the pro circuit user weapon, being more expensive upfront cost but much lower upkeep costs since it runs off a battery, and the gas powered guns being more for intermediate players, since it gives off higher performance, but has a lower upfront cost, and a higher upkeep cost with the refilling of gas, and finally spring being more for newer players who are first getting into the game since they are cheaper upfront, and next to no upkeep cost aside from ammo. I do know the advantages and disadvantages of all 3 of these types of guns, and I know that a good spring sniper might be a good first gun to get, but I still wouldn't mind getting a good AEG AK47-S tactical since it had a lower price tag on it.

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/1874-jg ... rifle.aspx

I have even heard good things about JG so I thought they might be a good company to deal with for my first real gun. I do actually have a already a KWC Spring .45 that I got a long time ago as a gift, and it still functions amazingly well, and as a sidearm I suppose it could still work, but I worry if I should consider getting something else for that.

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/3306-kw ... istol.aspx

I am also looking into other gear for my first go around, and I have even come up with a full kit that ranges around 450$, this including camo, safety gear, pack, camelbacks, gear bag etc etc, as well as the CYMA AEG M4 with 2 additonal clips, and a extra battery.

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/11509-c ... n-aeg.aspx

Let me know what you guys got for your first guns, maybe a few suggestions on some start up gear, or other things like that, and dont take the site I was looking at for these guns as the only site I can shop from, if you know of a better one that sells I would be greatful for a link. so hit me up guys and give me some advice for my first gun.

P.S. I am new to the airsoft scene, and my knowledge is limited, so please keep it as informative and simple as possible. THANKS GUYS!!

MechaDraco

Re: My First Gun

Postby starynepon » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:54 pm

Hey!

I think jump starting into airsoft with a sniper isn't bad at all, give a look to this list of cheap which won't cost you a fortune
starynepon

Return to Gun Discussions