[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Clarksville/Ft Campbell Airsoft field possibility Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Clarksville/Ft Campbell Airsoft field possibility

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Clarksville / Ft. Campbell area

Moderators: clinkman, Buddha

Re: Clarksville/Ft Campbell Airsoft field possibility

Postby Dannick » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:42 pm

I currently live in Clarksville and would love to play somewhere near here. I should be able to bring one friend with me on a normal basis. Hit me up sometime with a date/time and I will try my hardest to make it. Btw, if any teams are recruiting for people in Clarksville, I'd gladly join (possibly have 1 other person that would be interested).

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby squeak74b » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:22 pm

I'm all for it. Got 3+ that are ready to skirmish-it-up any day (well, except for the next couple of months...).

On a side note: Is it just me, or does Clarksville/Ft Campbell now need it's own forum in the City Discussions (instead of Nashville)?
Scavenger, Trespasser, Adventurer, Loner, Killer, Explorer, Robber

"A stalker is a stalker. The more green stuff the better."
Rederick "Red" Schuhart from
Roadside Picnic by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky
squeak74b

Postby Dannick » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:54 pm

Agreed. Nashville is over an hour away from where I live. Almost 2 hours in traffic.

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby JayC » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:32 pm

Not to get into an argument, but the first Clarksville exit is less than 20 minutes from the first Metro Nashville exit on I-24... It's not any farther than Lebanon, or M'boro, Lewisburg/Columbia, and Dickson.... During rush hour it takes nearly 75-90 minutes to cross Metro Nashville, but luckily airsoft games aren't generally scheduled during rush hour. The fact is that there are many more active players in Murfreesboro than in Clarksville, and it's nearly the same distance between from Metro Nashville. The Tri-Cities each have a larger airsoft community, but are farther away from each other than Clarksville is from Nashville.

I'm not a forum admin and what I say has little to no bearing on what they'll do, but it makes little to no sense, it's not like the Clarksville posts are getting lost from the flood of Nashville posts... The fact is that even though Nashville has the largest airsoft community in the state, this forum get virtually no traffic already why on earth reduce it even more? The truth is only 1 of the forum moderators lives in TN and he hasn't logged in to the website for 6 months, the other lives MUCH farther away in Bowling Green, ky than the average player in Clarksville. What exactly would the point be in having yet another forum that gets 3 or 4 posts on an average week?

Now, my dog in the hunt is simple... I've got players on my team that we met through these forums from Clarksville (for some reason new players tend to land on this forum even though virtually no Nashville players visit).... It will just mean I have to double post most of my information everything I want to reach those new players for our events and team announcements. Which btw, those players in Clarksville don't drive any farther to BK than I do, and I live in the Metro Nashville city limits.

The only good reason to create yet another forum would be if the traffic was so great that posts were slipping off the first page in less than 2 weeks, that's just not the case (the posts currently go back 2.5+ years on this forum) here... No sense in diluting the already low number of middle TN posters who visit this forum. Just my 2 cents worth.
www.gundevils.com - Nashville, TN
JayC

Postby squeak74b » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:25 am

squeak74b

Postby redneckemt » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:02 am

redneckemt

Postby JayC » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:57 am

JayC

Postby redneckemt » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:03 am

M.A.S.H. is still open. Don't believe anything you hear from N.A.
redneckemt

Postby JayC » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:18 am

Last edited by JayC on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JayC

Postby clinkman » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:27 am

The name of this thread is "Clarksville/Ft Campbell Airsoft field possibility"......lets stay on topic folks, please. Thanks for your cooperation in advance. If you want to discuss other fields or combining groups, promote teams, etc...please start another thread and leave this one to the original discussion.
Chuck
OpForce
clinkman

Postby Cpt.Fink » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:58 pm

so is the thing gonna happen or wat?
Cpt.Fink

Postby Mysterray » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:06 am

Newbie airsoft player wants to play holla.
Mysterray

Postby oompahx » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:11 pm

We've had 4 play days out there so far
Our biggest show up was 52 people
so yeah we thrive well.
ICS MP5A4
-R.A.S. Rail DX Version
-Matrix Stock Bottom
-ICS Scope Mount
-Matrix Panorama
-ICS Folding Vertical Grip
KJ Glock 27
-Tight Bore Extension
JG Type96
-For Sale- $60

oompahx

Postby MmmM SoulReaper » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:17 pm

15 people or more willing to play on the weekends and i can get another dozen. my uncle works on post and knows a lot of airsoft players.
normal is overrated=)
MmmM SoulReaper

Postby squeak74b » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:44 am

Well Gents, I had a little trip to a far of place, but I'm back. What's new in everyone's world? I'm ready to go freeze my unmentionables off somewhere while being shot at repeatedly. Who's down?

squeak74b

PreviousNext

Return to Clarksville