[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Forming Teams Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Forming Teams

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Fayetteville area

Moderators: Skidude, clinkman

Forming Teams

Postby Agathos » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:27 pm

I have enjoyed coming out to Madlin a few times and look forward to coming many more. One thing I have noticed is the variety of gear, uni's, and lack of teams. I want to encourage you guys to form teams. Pick your uniform and basic guideline for your team loadout and go for it. This makes a big difference when playing. It has been great watching the few teams I have seen. Some are organized and work well together.

If we could get a base group of teams running in the area then we could look at trying to see if Madlin would allow team alliances (that work together often) and divide based on uniforms not arm bands.

In MS, I had hosted several airsoft events. Some with only a few people while others with nearly 100. When we would divide teams we had a clear command structure for each side (since they were on teams it was easy).

Teams make Airsoft more enjoyable! Training as a team makes Airsoft the ultimate Milsim environment!!!

Basic Uniforms
Woodland Environments (more green and black...)
Woodland BDU
MARPAT
Tiger Stripe
OD

Multiple environments
Digital Tiger Stripe
Multicam

Desert Environments
Desert DCU (Choc chip or the newer set)
Desert Marpat
Desert Tiger Stripe

Urban Jungle...lol
ACU (concrete camo...lol)

There are others as you can get deals on German and other uniforms as well.

Many narrow this down to Marpat, ACU, Woodland BDU, Multicam, and Tiger Stripes as major uniforms.

Play to win or stay home!
Agathos

Re: Forming Teams

Postby kirzach » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:51 pm

This is what I wear to Madlin most of the times I come. It's called Ukrainian TTsKO. As you can see it's a woodland pattern, but it's very dark. It can be somewhat difficult to find online, but if I find a place that still sells it I'll be sure to post links if anyone wants some.

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р. (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) - Monolith Black Guards Unit

Fraud Mods - Bringing down the hammer on self-righteous punks that think they're above the rules. Making the world a better place, one ass-kicking at a time.
kirzach

Postby The Mechanic » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:38 pm

Hear Hear!

Its hard to get a good game going when everyone goes their own direction. In a large building like the hospital with only thirty gamers, it's hard to communicate and get organised...

I like the team idea. Same gear and uniform would be great. But, if you just know a basic room clearing technique used by the team, you could be more organised! Thus; more fun! IMO

Later,
-prock

The cure for the common thief! -AKA -- punisherprock ---
The Mechanic

Postby chrisdetrin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:43 am

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Agathos » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:10 am

[quote="chrisdetrin]the bigest problem is identifying freindlys from foes i find my self sneaking up and ambushing my own team ALOT.[/quote]

Communications and organization are what I ID as the biggest challenge. Knowing where your men are on the battlefield is always key to success. But many are used to playing video games and play airsoft the same way.

I have noticed friendlies attacking friendlies is an issue...as I was involved in a firefight with you as well a few weeks ago and we were on the same team...lol.

Teams also bring the opportunity to have tournaments and competitions. These can be a lot of fun.
Agathos

Postby chrisdetrin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:16 am

yea i kind of wasted 3 of my team members when i came out a staircase and fraged the nurses station and shot the rest. i had the element of suprise so i was not going to yell out the staircase to find out what team they where on and give up my postion and tactical advantage apprently one of them was on the other team though.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Cypher5018 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:56 pm

We need com gear and better IFF procedures. the call counter call system barely works. In the darkness, sashes or even uniforms will barely work.

My idea is either all have helmets/boonies, vs no head gear, or maybe one side have ball caps and the other have helm/boonies
Cypher5018

Postby kirzach » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:00 pm

Could do red glowsticks vs green glowsticks. Put them in those little glowstick holders so they don't give away your position all the time. Just a thought.
С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р. (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) - Monolith Black Guards Unit

Fraud Mods - Bringing down the hammer on self-righteous punks that think they're above the rules. Making the world a better place, one ass-kicking at a time.
kirzach

Postby The Mechanic » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:18 pm

We used them they are okay...

Best thing I found was to use two color tapes; elec. tape on end of primary and a duct tape around the left arm.

The cure for the common thief! -AKA -- punisherprock ---
The Mechanic

Postby Agathos » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:17 am

We used colored tape for a while. Much of our ops were in woodland environments. We moved away from tape because it obstructed the ability for camoflage. Of course in buildings camo isn't as significant.

My goal is for people to discover the fun that comes in having a team to operate. Fact is I am sure some of us who have been in the military would be happy to help train teams that have not. Of course, I am a milsim junky...not re-enacter.
Agathos

Postby Cypher5018 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:18 pm

With the new location of our field, it would be incredibly difficult to tell the difference between anything unless it was very noticeable. Unless you have optics like me, its very difficult to find what is going on.
Cypher5018

Postby Kevin Stamps » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:39 pm

S.O.Gs willing to play anybody, is now a team of 12 and still growing looking for father and sons to join our unit but its not a must.
Hornethead
Kevin Stamps

Postby AirsoftNinja » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:00 pm

I'm thinking about making a Christian airsoft team. if anyone wants to join send me a msg on here :mrgreen:
AirsoftNinja

Return to Fayetteville