[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - jarjar104 want to know how to make an AEG Sniper weapon Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

jarjar104 want to know how to make an AEG Sniper weapon

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

jarjar104 want to know how to make an AEG Sniper weapon

Postby jarjar104 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:48 am

KWA M16 (SPR MOD 0) - 34 Rounds Per Second
Echo 1 AK47 RIS
UTG L96 Sniper
Echo 1 MP5K-CQC
Echo 1 G3 DSR (FOR SALE)

2010 Anomaly Independent
Kenwood High School Percussion Instructor
Austin Peay GOMB
jarjar104

Postby wolfschnee » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:46 pm

wolfschnee

Postby paches » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:44 pm

Why not just keep the body, and replace all the internals. You would be doing that with any gun to get it to shoot 550fps and no brake. Building a sniper will take a lot of cash.
paches

Postby desertfox » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:09 pm

i will go ahead and tell you don't upgrade the utg. its only going to break later. i would save up and buy a m14 from g&g(most preferred), tm(really good for upgrading but still ok stock), or a ca.
desertfox

Postby leco510 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:38 pm

but you also need to take into consideration the compatibiliy of parts. i am guessing that most of the parts will be designed for the marui, which ca is probably a clone of... i can't say anything for the g&g and echo 1 but i have heard that the g&g uses it's own design and the echo 1 is a clone of that. i am not 100% sure of any of that but there's my 2 cents

He's climbin in your windows, he's snatchin your people up....
leco510

Postby Death » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:41 pm

G&G cloned/adapted/perfected the Marui Gearbox.
CA cloned G&G
Marui is the original
All the clones cloned the Marui.
Some Marui clones use the V7 Gearsets while some use the standard gearsets. Anymore questions?
Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...

Bad information spreads like cancer...
Death

Postby Matthias » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:41 pm

CA cloned G&G, not Marui.
Matthias

Postby Death » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:42 pm

Lol I posted first lol.

Ill come up with some answers as to what exactly the UTG can handle/compatibility.

Death

Postby Elite-Sinner » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:45 pm

id say go with the marui because its 20x more reliable than a ca, has an amazing hopup, and shoots better than the ca. g&g i honestly dont know much about so cant help ya there.
Elite-Sinner

Postby Death » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:57 pm

Jar Jar. Do you already have the UTG and are you wanting to upgrade it?

If so, then from what I've read, the hop up unit and outer barrel will have to be enlarged to fit aftermarket barrels. As for the gearbox design/gearsets, I think it might take standard gearsets. I know for sure that the AGM/ACM does. The CYMA takes Version 7 Gearsets.

Death

Postby paches » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:58 pm

Really now......20x thats a big number.

And reliability, well he would be replacing all the parts anyways to get it to sniper level.

CA is full size, TM is 7/8th, so you might want to consider which size you want.
paches

Postby Death » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:01 pm

I say, if you dont already have the UTG then consider another choice...The UTG is apparently a horrible upgrade platform(from the multiple threads that I just read). I say(if you have the cash) to get a TM or G&G...

Death

Postby desertfox » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:43 pm

desertfox

Postby jarjar104 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:22 pm

KWA M16 (SPR MOD 0) - 34 Rounds Per Second
Echo 1 AK47 RIS
UTG L96 Sniper
Echo 1 MP5K-CQC
Echo 1 G3 DSR (FOR SALE)

2010 Anomaly Independent
Kenwood High School Percussion Instructor
Austin Peay GOMB
jarjar104

Postby leco510 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:10 am

He's climbin in your windows, he's snatchin your people up....
leco510

Next

Return to Sniper Rifles