[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Trouble with PDI hopup for L96 Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Trouble with PDI hopup for L96

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Trouble with PDI hopup for L96

Postby vulrath » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:20 pm

Okay, I finally got my L96 finished recently, and the darned hop up is bugging the hell out of me. No matter what the actual settings are, it still curves off to the right with a 0.28g BB. At one point it was so bad that the BB was actually doing a literal spiral around my target.

I got the hop up secondhand from Sniper, and with the lower FPS springs it seemed to work just fine, but with the spring that I recently installed (another part from Sniper) I just can't seem to get the thing to shoot straight. In my desperation to get this thing working properly, I:

- took the whole thing apart and cleaned it
- replaced the little O-rings inside the chamber
- put super glue on the threads of the screw on the right side because I noticed that it was looser than the one on the left
- tried changing out the hop up bucking to what I thought was the Guarder one that was in it when I got it (might have been the el cheapo one that I pulled from my friend's CA M14) (the original bucking is Prometheus Hard Type)
- moved the solid silicone nub that came with the repair kit that I got so that it was closer to the center

Bottom line, I'm out of ideas. I've done everything I can think of, and nothing has worked. I have since put the original bucking back in.

One thing i should mention is that I have a CA 510mm 6.04mm tightbore in it right now. I plan on replacing it with a 550mm 6.02mm when I get the money, but I don't think that's the problem.

I was hoping that I could figure this out without having to order heavier BBs as I'm totally broke, but if it comes to that I will.

vulrath

Return to Sniper Rifles