[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Snipers in airsoft Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Snipers in airsoft

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Snipers in airsoft

Postby Eclipse » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:52 pm

Eclipse

Postby Sniper » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:12 pm

TN Airsoft Moderator

SteamID
http://steamcommunity.com/id/steamid2
CS:S, TF2, L4D, etc.
Sniper

Postby Eclipse » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:16 pm

Eclipse

Postby Sniper » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:39 pm

TN Airsoft Moderator

SteamID
Sniper

Postby Beowolff » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:53 pm

Mark Twain:
“I’ve seen people burn down their house
to get rid of ants, but I never figured that
worked as well as they thought it would.â€
Beowolff

Postby Sniper » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:11 pm

TN Airsoft Moderator

SteamID
Sniper

Postby PMHunter » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:53 pm

I'm an AIRSOFT sniper like many others, BUT I am a really good shot with real steal, my dream is to join the USMC, and BECOME a Scout/Sniper. I can't wait for Paris Island Hell, BRING IT ON!

But yeah I don't brag about how many guys I've killed or how close I can get without being seen, I play for enjoyment but if someone keeps talkin' smack and there a nOOb or a kid, I'll play a skirmish, I did that with 3 kids once and shot every single one of them without ever being seen, but that's because the were arrogant.
PMHunter

Postby Beowolff » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:13 pm

well, you did right. that's how you do it.

good show.

Beo
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby timber » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:47 pm

I would think if you were to get good at being a sniper in airsoft then you would be really good at it in the real situation.just like playing video games on insane mode,once you get good at it the ordinary seems too easy.

I also would think that the braging and all kinda makes for good competition.
NO MATTER WHETHER A PERSON BELONGS TO THE UPPER OR LOWER RANKS,IF HE HAS NOT PUT HIS LIFE ON THE LINE AT LEAST ONCE HE HAS CAUSE FOR SHAME.
ABEHIMA NAOSHIGE(1538-1618)
timber

Postby Beowolff » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:34 pm

well, how many airsoft snipers are going to take hours to reach and get into a perfect, concealed shooting position?

how many airsoft snipers are going to wait days---even maybe as long as a week, for their target to appear and to be able to make JUST one shot? and STAY in that position for the entire length of that brutal amount of time? and maybe do all of that without eating, drinking, maybe even without sleeping? or going to the bathroom?

how many airsoft snipers would lay there in the bush in complete silence, and let snakes, spiders, ticks---crawl all over them because they knew that any sort of movement would alert their target/enemy? How many would let the mosquitos eat them near alive, or let blood-sucking leeches crawl on them and have a good meal? and not raise a hand to knock them away?

how many airsoft snipers would do any and or all of the above, knowing that if he made a mistake---just one, or if that the enemy troopers all around him were any good---they could end up blowing his head off with a real, bullet shooting gun or explosive grenade?

how many airsoft snipers would be willing to do the same as above, knowing that if they got captured by the enemy, it WOULD mean horrible torture---and certain bloody execution?

how does shooting a BB weapon that goes only a few hundred feet, has virtually no---or very little---recoil, and does not actually blow its target's brains out all over the grass---prepare an airsofter for real, long distance, military sniping?

and all of the above is the difference between an airsoft sniper having some fun in the woods with his friends, and a REAL sniper stalking a target on a real world mission full of dangerous and deadly enemies.

other than maybe a bit of sneaking around and covering up with brush, there just ain't ANY comparison between playing airsoft and real world sniping. so how do you figure that being good at airsoft sniping or playing a video game would make you GOOD at being in the military or being a military sniper? doh!

and sure...trash talking with your buds is funny and cool... but honest to God bragging and pretending you are something that you are not, only lowers you in the sight of others. how can that be good for competition?

i mean no disrespect, but it sounds like you have some growing to do...or some experiences to experience. please, don't let dudes talking smack and video games TRICK you into thinking that's how real life is. read some books, do some research, talk to people that REALLY know what's going on. there is a ton of GREAT books available about real combat if you are interested in that subject. check it out.

Salute!

Beo
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby PMHunter » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:50 pm

That's an incredible way to put it Beo, OOHRAH

That's why I WANT to experience that. Live to protect those who are my Family and Friends to protect those who are my Brothers and Sisters in arms. Make sure that I kill the enemy before they kill me, or one of my men or brothers, my friends and those who would risk there lives for mine, I would risk my life for them and I WOULD give my life for them. People don't respect those in our military anymore and THOSE are the people that diserve to be killed.
PMHunter

Postby Phate » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:27 am

Now featuring an AEG!
Phate

Postby timber » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:30 am

Uhh...I'm38 years old,Married for 17 years,Have a 18 year old,15 year old,11,year old sons,a 9 year old daughter,and own my own buisiness.I think i have done enough growing up.
Having all those kids i have seen REAL competition and KNOW what it is.and alot of their yearning to be better than the next guy is sometimes the frustration of hearing people brag and wanting to shut that person up by doing better than them at what they are bragging about.And i only used video gaming as an example because alot of people could relate to that experience.but hey What do i Know im just a kid(or as you obviously thought).I Have to ask though do they just throw people out in the jungle nowadays in the military and when they get out there they try to kill them?No,they train in parts,each part being different and then with combination of those parts Stealth,prolonged stationary cover,laying there and pissing on themselves and ignoring everything around them that would interfere with there objective,and of course training with their weapon, then they become a sniper.Some of what were doing out there is just a crude part of what they do themselves its just that alot of those here do alot more stalking rather than stationary with the exception of the always needed spotter and without the real bullets coming to kill you.But it is still obvious to me that if a person is that good that he could pick you off with the distances in airsoft with a plastic bb without you knowing till your hit he would be even better given the distances and situations in real steel.
NO MATTER WHETHER A PERSON BELONGS TO THE UPPER OR LOWER RANKS,IF HE HAS NOT PUT HIS LIFE ON THE LINE AT LEAST ONCE HE HAS CAUSE FOR SHAME.
ABEHIMA NAOSHIGE(1538-1618)
timber

Postby Jack » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:51 am

www.GunDevils.com

Poop on a stick....I hear it taste like chicken.
Jack

Postby Beowolff » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:15 am

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Next

Return to Sniper Rifles