[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - spring guide mm... Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

spring guide mm...

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

spring guide mm...

Postby airsoftsniper20 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:36 am

right now I have what I think is a 130 laylax spring in my gun and was looking to go up to the 170. I was doing some research and I read that you would need a 9mm spring guide for a 170. I got my gun used so I'm not sure whats in it exactly, but since my current spring is below 170 I think that means I have a 7mm spring guide. So if I upgrade to a 170 would I have to upgrade the spring guide also?

JG-Bar 10
Zero Trigger
Tightbore
Fully Upgraded Internals/hop up
airsoftsniper20

Postby vulrath » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:47 am

Yup. I tried getting away with a 7mm guide in my L96, and the base actually ended up getting sheared off from the rest of the guide (wish I had pictures, would make this so much easier).

Its more trouble than its worth to wait until something breaks (and believe me, something will) to replace parts with the stuff you should have been using from the start.
vulrath

Postby Death » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:09 pm

If you are using a JG bar and are buying laylax parts/springs then you will only have to buy the laylax spring guide with bearings. Whoever was telling you 9mm was either very confused or didn't know a thing about VSR's/Laylax. They are referring to PDI, which according to your signature is not what you are using.

You will need an upgraded spring guide (Laylax Metal Spring Guide with Bearings).
Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...

Bad information spreads like cancer...
Death

Postby airsoftsniper20 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:42 am

JG-Bar 10
Zero Trigger
Tightbore
Fully Upgraded Internals/hop up
airsoftsniper20

Postby Death » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:21 pm

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...

Bad information spreads like cancer...