[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - thinking of buying a sniper rifle Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

thinking of buying a sniper rifle

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

thinking of buying a sniper rifle

Postby Roland19 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:39 pm

I'm thinking of buying a sniper rifle and was curious what kind you guys would recommend...

(what gun, what upgrades, what scope...what anything)

Roland19

Postby loftislax7 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:48 pm

i'd start with something cheap like a tsd sd96.this will give you a chance to see if you like being a sniper without dropin some major cash
FIRE
loftislax7

Postby ICS AK » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:01 pm

get a jg bar 10. a leapers 4x50 red/green illuminated scope will do great. from there, it depends on how much cash ya got...you might wanna pick up a few more mags, and maybe a new spring, bucking, and barrel.

NGSoldier - School boy ill give u twenty bucks for ur hack job

Spook - If we played Airsoft as much as we talked about it, there would be a game every weekend at every field in the damn state.
ICS AK

Postby redneckemt » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:41 pm

ALOT of good information here. Just look through the titles.

http://www.tnairsoft.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11
redneckemt

Postby Insanity » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:58 pm

I would stay with a 96 series springer. I bought a MK1 Sniper (gas) and I am not allowed to use it at ANY field neer me. It shoots way to hot even for a sniper rifle.
I actulay have put a .38 round through both sides of a coffee can at 140 feet using GreenGas, just imagin what I could do with Extream Gas !

So follow the advise of loftislax7, buy a basic 96 series, drop a decent scope on it, get a good BiPod and see if its what you want to do.
Insanity

Postby xandman » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:10 am

Any person serious in airsoft "sniping" will tell you that a Tokyo Marui VSR-10/JG bar 10 is the way to go. IF you dont have the cash for a Marui get the JG, it can take all of the upgrades of the Marui and has a superior hupup.
Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , å誉 , å°Šé‡ , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby ICS AK » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:02 pm

Spook - If we played Airsoft as much as we talked about it, there would be a game every weekend at every field in the damn state.
ICS AK

Postby Death » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...

Bad information spreads like cancer...
Death

Postby ICS AK » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:48 pm

ICS AK

Postby Death » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:58 pm

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...

Bad information spreads like cancer...
Death

Re: thinking of buying a sniper rifle

Postby sargcj » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:04 pm

I hope you all will forgive me, I know this post is a little old, but I was just curious about a thing or two. I don't think it is worth a complete new post. I'm not trying to hijack his thread either.

I'm looking at buying the Bar 10 myself, and I have noticed a G-spec version and the normal bar-10 version. I have searched around and found a few differences here and there, but I'm curious as which is more recommended/better.
I am thinking of (atm) getting the G-spec version with the NC Star Rubberized Scope, and a cheap Bi-pod, to start out. However, I'm still considering the standard Bar 10 because of the higher fps/range.
I think the g-spec looks cooler and I think it comes with a rail for a scope too (I do understand it isn't all about looks). I have also seen in some places that the G-spec is easier to maneuver around the field, though it does have some reduced range/fps. I'm not sure how accurate this info so I'm hoping somebody will elaborate.

It has been awhile since I have been on here, or even in an Airsoft game, but I have always been interested in sniping and I would love to give it a try. I still have my JG M4, just got to get a battery for it. In the mean time I will continue reading though these forums, even though it seems kind of empty right now...

Any insight? I do appreciate any feedback, please & thanks. ^.^
"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Return to Sniper Rifles