[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT SNIPING. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT SNIPING.

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT SNIPING.

Postby whirly10@gmail.com » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:07 pm

Honestly guys i dont really see why everyone that starts airsoft wants to be a sniper......and not just airsoft pretty much anything else that involves guns....yeah i am a marksman myself...but everyone on the team shouldnt be fighting each other to be the sniper.
im 16 ive been playing airsoft for about two years. when i first saw an airsoft sniper rifle i wasnt all that intrested in it. to be honest the cool weapons in airsoft are probably the heavy gunners weapons and the grenade launchers. but i just love waiting minute after minute for that one picture perfect shot.
the real truth about actual military sniping isnt pretty.
my stepmom's uncle was a navy seals sniper. He told me it wasnt anywhere close to what it is thought up to be....he had to sit for hours and hours in his own excrement. waiting for something, that might not even happen.
in order to "there are a lot of mental strongpoints you have to have. 1. patience 2.calm state of mind. 3 stealth 4.must be able to sit still and wait.
the movies put alot of "imagination" in what its like to be a sniper.
it isnt a role for a newb.

whirly10@gmail.com

Re: THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT SNIPING.

Postby countryman49 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:32 pm

#1 not saying this to be mean or anything, but your 16 and your a marksman? What do you feel qualifies you to call yourself that?
#2 most of us know that sniping in the military is not all that great, but lets be honest here, we are not (well most of us anyway) in the military. We are not going miles out of our way on foot, and sitting in one spot for days on end, we are playing in a game that at most lasts a weekend. How can you say its not for a newb? Anyone whos a good shot, and can camo themselves, can be a sniper in airsoft. Its not that hard, sit still, see someone on thier team, make sure they in range, you have a clear shot, and bang. I know i would never be able to be a sniper in the military, i have very little patience. But its still nice to be a sniper in airsoft every now and then.
LEAD FOOTED & TRIGGER HAPPY

......not a good combination
countryman49

Postby Keinengel51 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:40 am

I'd like to add that you have to factor in a lot more elements in "Airsoft" sniping. A slight breeze can throw your shot off greatly. Also if your target just happens to be behind a bush AND at a reasonable distance its likely that the round wont be able to penetrate the brush. Obviously you cant hide behind a bush in real engagements like you can in airsoft. I'd like to add that im an active serviceman and i actually have quite a few serving friends who are avid airsoft enthusiasts. You just dont find too many of us around here since the only Active military installation we have is a dinky little Airforce base in Tullahoma.
---------------------------------

Keinengel51

Postby Sniper » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:17 am

Yep. This is airsoft.

Airsoft sniping =/= real sniping.

Sure, you can hide and be stealthy, but I can do that with my Mk23 as well and be almost as effective. In airsoft, you don't have the advantage of 1 mile, half a mile or anything. You get around 100 yards, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. I take the role of a DM, because it makes more sense. You outrange the people who are engaging you, but at the same time you're not held down by a ghillie suit. If people get up on you when you're sniping, you can't do anything. You have the 100ft rule, and you have to wait until they move out of it. Most of the time they will spot you before that happens, and the movement of getting your pistol out will only attract more attention.

Don't get me wrong though, i've seen someone use a ghillie suit effectively before, but his rifle had a loud 'thwang' to it, and we found him and took him out pretty quickly.

airsoft sniping =/= real sniping. I think most people here get that by now.
TN Airsoft Moderator

SteamID
http://steamcommunity.com/id/steamid2
CS:S, TF2, L4D, etc.
Sniper

Postby Alundiel » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:45 pm

if you want action get a SMG and play CQB. as far as support gunning goes, its a darn useful role but gets about as boring as sniping sometimes, the exception being you are still shooting lol.

my very limited sniping experience (with mah KJW M700) its very satisfying to have an almost quiet rifle that you can accuately hit people and watch em look around like wtf that come from. do I have the patience for military sniping? hell no. :roll: Sniper: I just got a MK23 in so im going to try out your very succesful tactics :mrgreen:

but as far as everyone wanting to be a sniper when starting out.. it took me a few years of playing to even consider owning a sniper. the most fun ive had (weapon wise) is a KSC MP7. lets ya be fast and is very accurate. My friend is kinda new and he wants a M249 so bad. (maybe the support gun is the newb fav idk)

as far as camo in airsoft goes, multicam (fall/winter) and flecktarn (spring/summer) works superb at TN fields I have played at. I remember back at MPP Atan was wearing multicam and I kept losing where he was despite constantly moving (at about 75-100yd or so).
Alundiel

Postby vulrath » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:34 pm

The main objective of a sniper, whether in real life or airsoft, is to provide recon, not to shoot people, and that's one of the main reasons why people drop sniping early on. They also tend to realize that their stock gun is most of the time not a match for a decent AEG, and give up in frustration because they can't hit anything because they don't have the range they need (aned then guess what? BAM! They've totally wasted $100-150), and when they see the price tags attached to the parts that will get them the range they so desperately need (you also need to factor in the time cost of building, tweaking, and refining the rifle into the perfect match for the individual user). This is why the more experienced players usually tell new guys to wait at least a year and play one of the assault roles before trying to snipe.

I do it because I have problems breathing, so more range = less movement for me (I'm one of those guys that are willing to do most anything for that extra ten feet of effective range). (Besides, I've been planning this switch for a while now; health concerns just sped up my timetables.) Its also great fun for me to try to not get noticed for as long as I can. (I already sneak around the house at odd hours of the morning without waking people up; why can't those abilities translate to moving through the woods with a rifle in my hands?)
vulrath

Postby whirly10@gmail.com » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:31 pm

well im not exactly a perfect marksman
but i have been sniping for a while
it does get boring sometimes.
and you here all your friends getting the kills it makes you mad....but hey it was your decision.
whirly10@gmail.com

Postby Death » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:43 pm

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...

Bad information spreads like cancer...
Death

Postby silentfury214 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Guys, the definition of a marksman is someone skilled with a rifle. So, for all we know he is skilled with a rifle. :)
To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
silentfury214

Postby Alundiel » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Alundiel

Postby Matthias » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:26 pm

It's airsoft, it's a game. Why not just let them play sniper if they feel that is what they want to do? Why should they be held to such a high regard? If they are having fun playing sniper then good for them.
Matthias

Postby Pfhor » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:09 pm

Really the biggest issue is weather somebody has the restraint to not fire at somebody 50ft away at 550 fps. If somebody can keep to the med then there shouldnt be much of a problem. The other thing is how useful they are to the team. If they really cant hit anything then they will probably drop sniping pretty quickly anyways.
They say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life...
...sometimes it bends so far it snaps in two.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby Death » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:52 am

Death

Postby USBWL » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:03 am

*** BANNED ***.

Noobie gun list:
Custom Inokatsu Zastava M92 Carbine
Custom Prime LR-300ML (FOR SALE)
Custom KSC USP Compact
Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle
Western Arms Wilson Combat TSGC
USBWL

Postby Death » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:49 pm

I guess...I just dont understand what caused this kid to even post this...or why he thinks anyone cares. Plenty of threads like this on this forum and other forums.

Death

Next

Return to Sniper Rifles