[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - VSR-10 Laylax Piston/Trigger problem Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

VSR-10 Laylax Piston/Trigger problem

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

VSR-10 Laylax Piston/Trigger problem

Postby Gerardcb » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:19 am

Hi!

I had a TM VSR-10 fully upgraded for over a year now. Love it, but it just has problems.

1. With the Laylax zero trigger and the orange piston it comes with, the bolt pull is rough. With the stock white plastic piston, the bolt pull is very smooth.
Even with a laylax red neo piston and reinforced sears, it still is rough.

2. With the laylax zero trigger, sometimes the bolt ends up not locking. After it starts not locking, I have to open up the gun to the trigger assemble and pull the spring guide stopper out like an inch and I push it back then the bolt locks great again.

I have a feeling that those two problems are connected somehow. I might even be willing to buy a PDI set. Laylax just doesnt seem to be working out for me.

Has anyone tried both laylax and PDI and can compare them for me?

Gerardcb

Re: VSR-10 Laylax Piston/Trigger problem

Postby xandman » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:27 pm

Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , å誉 , å°Šé‡ , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby Gerardcb » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:20 pm

Nope its not slam firing. This is just the rarest problem.

I prolly should state the answers that i already know ppl will ask.

1. I have a teflon coated cylinder

2. The white spacers are there.

3. The scope rails arent too tight.

4. The back body pin isnt too tight.

5. The sears arent worn down.
Gerardcb

Postby Death » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:43 pm

Make sure your trigger mech is screwed in all the way. I've had both PDI and Lylax and I like PDI only because the trigger is adjustable and because of the bore up as well as they have much more of a lineup compared to laylax.
Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...

Bad information spreads like cancer...
Death

Postby Gerardcb » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:10 pm

Gerardcb

Postby Death » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:35 pm

I could tell no difference when it came to bolt pull. But I can tell you that the Zero Trigger is muuuuch lighter than the v trigger.

I have the PDI:
Palsonite Bore up cylinder(VC)
Bore Up V trigger
Promy 430mm tightbore
Custom hop arm and bucking

I Think that PDI might be easier but there isnt much difference.

As for the piston I think you just need to get used to the bolt pull...I had my old VSR shooting 700 and the bolt pull was rediculous. But with just 170 spring is was easy...

Death

Postby Gerardcb » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:31 pm

Gerardcb

Postby Death » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:55 pm

Are you local? If you could make it to a BK game or Nashville Airsoft I could take a look at it. I think I saw your thread on ASF or a thread exactly like it.

So you say you have these upgrades:
Laylax 150 spring

Laylax Teflon Cylinder
Laylax Zero Trigger (orange piston)

and

Laylax sears
Laylax red piston

Look at your cylinder. Do you see any scrape marks? If there is/are any defined marks then try and diagnose it from there.
Look at your spring guide stopper on the sides and see if the cylinder is scraping on it?
Check your piston's guide rings. Make sure they are attached correctly and look for anything that might not look right.(ie very deep cuts)

I dunno how long you have been using the pistons but maybe they just need to be broken in?

I dunno, I'd have to take a look to REALLY be able to tell you anything definitive.

My gun with its setup is super quiet, really accurate and shooting 550 with .25. VSR's just blow any other springer outta the water... You cannot compare any other spring action with the VSR platform in performance, price, parts etc...

Death

Postby Gerardcb » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Gerardcb

Postby Death » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:03 pm

It might be the fitment of the piston inside of the cylinder. Take the spring out of the cylinder and try and push the piston in and out. If it is rough then the white rings are probably too tight inside of the cylinder.

No there never has been any roughness of pull with either setup. Might just be your case.

Death

Postby Gerardcb » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:40 pm

Gerardcb

Postby Death » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:10 am

If they are too tight then you might just want to lube them a little extra and let them wear in.

Did the problem start when you upgraded or did it get worse and worse over time? Another thought that I had was that the open area where the piston sear and the spring guide stopper go through might be worn inward and might be pressing against the two white rings.

Death

Return to Sniper Rifles