[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - good upgrade platform Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

good upgrade platform

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

good upgrade platform

Postby chrisdetrin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:34 pm

i intend to dump alot of money in to nice bolt action but i DONT WANT a bar 10 or VSR im sick of looking at them are there any other platforms that would be worth dumping 700+ bucks in to when its all said and done?

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Re: good upgrade platform

Postby chrisdetrin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:38 pm

been eye balling a Maruzen APS TYPE 96
or
kjw m700
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby vulrath » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Really, it all boils down to personal preference. Are you a tinkerer? Do you like gas guns better than other types of weapons? Do you mind having a CO2 canister strapped to your leg/back/whatever? The KJW might be better for you. If not, you should go with the Type 96.

I own both rifles and have fully upgraded them both, and personally, I like the KJW better, but that's because I have rebuilt and modded it so many times and in so many different ways that it truly is "mine". Parts for the Maruzen are also a bit more expensive (probably the main reason why there are so many VSR's out there).
vulrath

Postby chrisdetrin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:01 pm

i used to be a paintballer so used to having a can of compressed gas straped to my ass so no its not a problem for me :P
  ▲
▲ ▲
chrisdetrin

Postby vulrath » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:33 pm

Like I said, its all a matter of personal preference.

If you do go with the KJW, though, the guys in the Tanaka subsection of the sniper rifle forum at www.airsoftforum.com will be able to answer most (if not all) of your questions (look around before you post, though, lest you get flamed). 's where I go when I have a problem that stumps me.
vulrath

Postby chrisdetrin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:42 pm

thanks for the link ^_^
  ▲
▲ ▲
chrisdetrin

Return to Sniper Rifles