[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Key Elements of Airsoft Sniper Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Key Elements of Airsoft Sniper

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Key Elements of Airsoft Sniper

Postby Sarge » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:17 pm

What's in the mind of an ambush player “AIRSOFT SNIPER”

You would think that a sniper would be considered an offensive weapon…But

A sniper is more of a defensive weapon if you think about it ….

Try this out…

S: is for…. Scout for the Team….

N: is for… Never be seen by the enemy….

I: is for…..Information to the Team Leader is Key…

P: is for… Patience is a total commitment …

E: is for… Effectiveness to remain unseen is a must…

R: is for… Radio all findings and report…

“I know what you are thinking Hollywood makes snipers out to be cool and full of glamour....

movies…..{Shooter}..{Enemy at the Gate}… book..{White Star-James Thayer}

LoL !!!!! But……

Most of the time you are in the mud and swampy water and rotten dead trees and those wait-a-minute vines where all the snakes are crawling; you are hiding and reporting to your team leader " key weapon a good radio "…all the good stuff the enemy is doing !!!!!.... BUT .........

It can go offensive in a split second…

Here is how you prepare for that moment…..

Basic Rules:

1. Know yourself - What can you do?

2. Know your enemy - What can they do?

3. Know your surroundings - Where are you?

4. and the most important one… “Know your escape plan” – Don’t run into something you can’t fight your way out of. This is a key to staying in the game longer…

Strategy:

Depends on the game. Analyze your enemy, analyze the game, and watch for any weakness. Then use those weaknesses to your advantage. Be sneaky… If you can capture the moment like taking out the point-man and the heavy gun in the squad and do the old bump and run tactic, but remember get back under cover and into stealth mode....

Now !!! that was being an offensive weapon… then going back to a defensive weapon…. You will in some games do this a lot of times… more than you can count and then in some games maybe never !!!…..

“Remember your primary goal is communication with your team” after your team comes in with the Heavy Guns and starts destroying and laying to waste anything that moves.

You just come right in and play surgeon. You tactically pick your High Value targets like the enemies Team Leader or their Medic or maybe another Sniper!!! ...But remember some sniper motto is……

“The snake that you did not see in the tall grass is the one that will bite you….” You can learn a lot about Airsoft from nature…..Till next time….

I’ll see you at the end of my barrel…Sarge of 501 RANGERS

I'LL SEE YOU AT THE END OF MY BARRELL....Sarge
Sarge

Location: Keystone Hgts. Florida...6 miles from Camp Blanding MOUT SITE

Re: Key Elements of Airsoft Sniper

Postby Gavman2 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:40 pm

A good sniper is also a smart sniper, a calm one as well as patient, as he said. A few other important things are knowing to give it a try to intercept enemy info by flipping through channels on your radio, also, try to use two-way communication to prevent your info from being intercepted and giving your team bad info. Also, know the perfect gas law and other gas laws, the trajectory formula has heled me make many 400 ft shots with a crappy rifle. I, being a scuba-diver know almost every gas law. Practicing radio skills can even be done with an 8 year old neighbor of mine. We usually assign code-names to places and times to prevent interception (ex. alpha, bravo, Charlie, omega, pi,and using very unheard of codes like "the cake is fake" to signal to begin an assault)
Gavman2

Postby vulrath » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:09 pm

Except most games have rules against things like flipping to the enemy's radio channels unless there's a need to find someone, and jamming radios is a big no-no (we actually had a guy jamming radios by playing music through it; it ticked more than one adult off).

On a semi-related note, the Pythagorean theorem would also be nice to know, if you're not level with the person(s) you're trying to shoot. I do this for rangefinding all the time.
vulrath

Postby Matthias » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:31 pm

Or the real airsoft sniper:

Someone who likes to play airsoft with a sniper rifle, no matter how bad he may be, or the rifle may be, because its a game and he has fun doing it. Once that is accomplished, nothing else particularly matters.
Matthias

Postby sargcj » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:18 pm

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Postby vulrath » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:47 pm

I also have to agree with what Matthias said. I play with sniper rifles (I own more than a couple) and I'm always either at the front of the attack, or I'm in the middle providing long-range support for the people who are. I have also on more than one occasion set my sniper rifle on the ground, taken out my P90 and charged into the heart of enemy territory screaming to provide a distraction so that the rest of my team could flank them (what inspired me to also buy a SAW), so no matter what I'm pretty much always in the thick of it.
vulrath

Postby USBWL » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:24 am

Different people have different play styles and different opinions of how to go about handling a specific role. There is no one set rule about how to fill a role. Just as Vulrath likes to be in the middle of everything, I like to be in the background with my M40, out of the enemy's sight and range but not out of their minds. :wink:
*** BANNED ***.

Noobie gun list:
Custom Inokatsu Zastava M92 Carbine
Custom Prime LR-300ML (FOR SALE)
Custom KSC USP Compact
Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle
Western Arms Wilson Combat TSGC
USBWL

Postby sargcj » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:20 pm

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Return to Sniper Rifles