[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Bi-pods Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Bi-pods

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Re: Bi-pods

Postby SniperWolf » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:23 am

Give them a sharp tongue with which you lash at them. Give them a deaf ear so they know you don't care. Resist and retaliate so they know you bite harder. Give them something to fear. We will rise up.
SniperWolf

Postby SwampFox » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:59 am

yea, a ruck or assault pack is easier to carry than a sand bag, and you can always put some pogy bait in there to munch on if you end up posted in one spot for awhile... or if you just get hungry =)
SGT Jon "SwampFox" Sparks
The Shop
E Co. 4-6INF, 4 BCT, 1 AD
Sappers Forward.
SwampFox

Postby SniperWolf » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:06 am

Give them a sharp tongue with which you lash at them. Give them a deaf ear so they know you don't care. Resist and retaliate so they know you bite harder. Give them something to fear. We will rise up.
SniperWolf

Postby Oven Gnome » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Just wondering, but does anyone play a whole game with their bi-pod deployed (as seen in COD MW and COD MW2). I would think that it would save needed time (for deployment) but would hinder movement.
Oven Gnome

Postby vulrath » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:37 pm

The thing is, the bipod only takes a couple of seconds to deploy. I'm not saying that I or others haven't done it, but rather that there is little need for it when you can reach forward and pull the legs down in the span of about 5 seconds, so you're really not saving all that much time.
vulrath

Postby Pfhor » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:50 pm

Mine will fully deploy with a downward thrust of the gun. I am still able to run around without my bipod accidentally deploying it is just when I am ready to take a shot I can fully deploy my bipod in less that half a second.
They say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life...
...sometimes it bends so far it snaps in two.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby Fridge Gnome » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:51 pm

I also have found that occasionally the bipod will get in the way if it is always deployed
Fridge Gnome

Postby DWRacing39 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:31 pm

Ive always used bipods. With my HPA setup I have a light deal with the tank mounted in a big pouch in the back. I put padding around the tank to act as padding. When I want to set up prone somewhere I can undo the whole rig with one fastener. Then I lay it down and use the tank area with the padding as a place to shoot off of. Sort of like shooting off a ruck. That way you can make sure your rifle is always level and not canted. Unlike a lot of the bipods that dont float. Ive grown to like it better than using a bipod.
Operation: Irene VI alum- Task Force Ranger sniper
Operation: Northern Wind V
Santa Vs Grinch 09'

Creator of Op: Jungle Fury
Sniper rifle tech.
M24 Sniper Weapon System. HPA powered.
Barrett M82 SASR
M4 DMR system.
DWRacing39

Postby vulrath » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:24 pm

That sounds like my old Blackhawk rig. I'd used a Hydrastorm Predator carrier, removed the hydration bladder, and stuck all of my gear in there. When I was moving, everything was out of my way, but I only had to hit two snaps and the whole thing would drop to the ground, and I could do whatever with it. If/when I get a larger CO2 tank I'm going to have to replace that thing and do something similar to what you've got.

I'm interested now...Imma going to have to give it a try. In the meantime, I'll suffice with finding random stuff to balance against since I'm too cheap to replace my broken bipod.
vulrath

Postby anarcie92 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:30 pm

haha well if you dont like the bi-pod or to carry around the assault pack i hear that some shooters use bags the size of a mans fist filled with sand to use, just a thought for you that dont like the bi-pod.
anarcie92

Previous

Return to Sniper Rifles