[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Bi-pods Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Bi-pods

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Bi-pods

Postby anarcie92 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:07 pm

Will I have time to hunker down and unfold the bi-pod in game?
I used to play with my friends at our own little area, and there I was able to be a stationary sniper, but lets say at highpoint, will i be able to use it, or will it get in the way?

anarcie92

Re: Bi-pods

Postby vulrath » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:11 pm

I thought a bipod would be a huge waste of money and add unnecessary weight to my rifle, and just be useful when using my rifle as a showpiece in my room as it sort of acts as its own stand...Until I used it in-game. It allowed me to stabilize my rifle better, and I made some shots that I wouldn't have been able to make otherwise. (seriously, it allowed me to successfully make a shot where I had to compensate for an off-kilter scope and a rather unique hop up issue in which the BB actually spiraled with a corkscrew in its trajectory on its way to the intended target. I wouldn't have been able to fix my aim without the stability offered to me by the bipod and the few test shots that I fired.)

In short: you'll use it more than you think, and you can reach up and flip the legs of your bipod down whilst still looking through the scope. Just don't expect to stay completely stationary throughout the entire game, 'cause that's completely irrational and just plain silly since you probably won't see much (if any) action at all that way.
vulrath

Postby anarcie92 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:13 pm

okay thanks man
anarcie92

Postby Pfhor » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:04 am

I know just how many times i have used my foregrip as a monopod so i eventually bought a bipod forgrip. It is just 1 button to deploy and takes no time. Stable shots do help and it doesnt add much weight at all. So for my rifle i had no trouble deciding. Im sure you are talking about a sniper rifle and probably wouldnt put a forgrip on one. I have ordered a bipod for my sniper rifle but it has not got in yet so I cant say how much I would help yet.
They say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life...
...sometimes it bends so far it snaps in two.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby vulrath » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:30 am

Actually, if I could have figured out how to install a rail onto the underside of my M700, I would probably have put a foregrip onto it a couple of months ago (not now). At the time, I was still used to carrying a tiny AEG (P90), and so the center of balance and weight were quite the drastic change from what I was used to.

I'm glad I didn't continue further with that idea.
vulrath

Postby chrisdetrin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:29 am

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby vulrath » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:17 am

Don't want it any more. I'm used to the weight now, so I don't have a need for it any more.
vulrath

Postby sargcj » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:25 am

I'm sure you can find use to pull it out, even for just one quick shot, it can help. I got en echo1 Dboy bipod, and I love it, Full metal so you know it has durability... Comes with an attachment for a rail too... if you have a bar 10 or similar gun your probably won't need it(the additional attachment). http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=2452 just for reference, a bit pricey maybe, but that is for you to decide not me, Good luck :)

Just wanted to add that You can adjust the height, angle and tilt of the gun with how you hold it and the bi-pod's things to adjust it... :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Postby vulrath » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:38 am

I just grabbed a $40 bipod from Wally-World. Worked fine until it broke (my fault). I laughed my ass off when I found the disclaimer that "this product contains materials known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm."
vulrath

Postby SwampFox » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:58 am

i used my bipod alot. came in handy for posting on cars (only did that a few times, though. wouldnt recomend it) and came in real handy when posted up on the ground in the ghillie.

i had a harris bipod on my APS2. just drilled a hole right through the stock and used a nut and bolt to secure it. worked like a dream.
SGT Jon "SwampFox" Sparks
The Shop
E Co. 4-6INF, 4 BCT, 1 AD
Sappers Forward.
SwampFox

Postby SniperWolf » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:35 pm

Give them a sharp tongue with which you lash at them. Give them a deaf ear so they know you don't care. Resist and retaliate so they know you bite harder. Give them something to fear. We will rise up.
SniperWolf

Postby USBWL » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:50 pm

I like bipods, myself. Just not the long ones. The short Harris style ones, I've got one on my Sun Project M40. Would put one on my PSG-1 if I felt like hunting down the rail for PSG-1 handguards.

I like the short bipods mostly because they offer support when you're going prone, yet when you're standing or not otherwise supporting the weapon via the bipod, they're short enough to not be in the way.
*** BANNED ***.

Noobie gun list:
Custom Inokatsu Zastava M92 Carbine
Custom Prime LR-300ML (FOR SALE)
Custom KSC USP Compact
Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle
Western Arms Wilson Combat TSGC
USBWL

Postby thejohnson98 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:16 am

Remember children this is just airsoft.
thejohnson98

Postby SniperWolf » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:04 pm

Give them a sharp tongue with which you lash at them. Give them a deaf ear so they know you don't care. Resist and retaliate so they know you bite harder. Give them something to fear. We will rise up.
SniperWolf

Postby SwampFox » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:33 am

well, if you *really* want to be hardcore, you could always carry an assault pack/ruck to put down in front of you to post up on if you dont like bipods. I will admit that sometimes my bipod was a little restricting, but not so much that i ever had a notion to take it off.

just my .02 :mrgreen:
SGT Jon "SwampFox" Sparks
The Shop
E Co. 4-6INF, 4 BCT, 1 AD
Sappers Forward.
SwampFox

Next

Return to Sniper Rifles