[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Edgi bar 10 kit? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Edgi bar 10 kit?

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Edgi bar 10 kit?

Postby sargcj » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:45 pm

Last edited by sargcj on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Re: Edgi bar 10 kit?

Postby Xephyr » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:26 am

While I've not seen anything else other than EdGI's barrels, it seems like a good set IF (AND ONLY IF) the trigger sears can stand up to the pressure of an M160/M180 spring. I've not seen a good replacement for Laylax's Zero Trigger system yet.

Also, if you've never pulled back a huge sniper rifle spring before, be prepared. It takes a lot more force than a stock spring. A lot. Most people cannot pull a 550+ fps bolt back from prone position without bringing too much attention to themselves, and needless to say your rate of fire will drop 70% or more.

Edit: If you want it done right, take the time and build it piece by piece. Start with Laylax's PSS10 Zero Trigger (the one that includes the piston) and go from there. You'll have a better final result, and you'll feel better about yourself for doing it all.
Former professional gun tech. I give free repair and upgrade advice. PM me with any questions or issues.
Xephyr

Postby Death » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:05 pm

Do some research. There are plenty of trigger units that are easily better than the zero trigger. Here are few upgrades that are cheap.

PE parts.
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=5951
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=5712
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=5709

Friend of mine bought the PE kit and is satisfied. His is chronoing at 575 w/.2.

PDIs stuff is nice but is about the same price as laylax...expensive. I've had better luck with PDI's stuff being a lot smoother than laylax. That and they have an awesome bore up cylinder set.

There are plenty of people out there making some awesome stuff for the VSR series...you guys just need to sit down and do some research. There is a guy I've been reading about the has a lot of upgrade parts that I am wanting to test out. If you wanna know then you are going to have to do your own research. I'm tired of babying people on this forum, and correcting people who know nothing.(Not pointing fingers at anyone)
Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...

Bad information spreads like cancer...
Death

Postby sargcj » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Thanks for the replies, Does the reinforced sears set work with the stock piston by chance? It appears that it would, but the other 2 items are out of stock. I remember seeing those but it has been awhile since I looked at them. Or should I contact ASGI to see if they have all of them in stock and aren't showing it on site? It seems that right there is what I'm after, can't believe I forgot about those. :lol: Get that and an edgi inner barrel might save me a bit of money, If anybody else can provide feed back on the ASGI Reinforced items, that would be great too. (like to see more than 1 person say something is good.)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
sargcj

Postby Death » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:15 pm

It is a 45 degree sear and piston so yes it will work with the stock piston.

Death

Postby sargcj » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:11 pm

awesome, Think I might just buy that for the time bein, that way my gun will at least be able to shoot... And I'll keep researching on other upgrades... I suppose the upgrade I should invest into would probably be a tightbore barrel eh?
sargcj

Postby Death » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:39 pm

Yes

Death

Return to Sniper Rifles