[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - The sniper rifle I'm looking for Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

The sniper rifle I'm looking for

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

The sniper rifle I'm looking for

Postby Oven Gnome » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Me and my friend are both getting sniper rifles, but different ones. Im looking at getting the shadow ops sniper rifle and he is getting the JG Bar 10. There is lots of talk about upgrades and mods for his(making it go over 500 fps according to reports). Mine seems like a great gun with loads of accuracy and 420 fps with .25 gram bbs stock. Which sniper is prefered, but if there are better ones( under 170$) inform me.

Oven Gnome

Re: The sniper rifle I'm looking for

Postby sargcj » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Everybody mentions the bar 10 for all the upgrades that you can get. The barrel is full metal, and the grip is plastic, but its got a rubbery feel to it, it is plastic though. It is pretty nice & comfortable, Just continue in research and get what you want.
as for the fps, check this out.
http://shredderscs.proboards.com/index. ... =80&page=2
(Remember, FPS isn't everything...) Just note that he made the spring and I think some other parts on his own, that and that fps range is not something you would want on a field. I'm no expert, but the bar 10 was my choice(and only experience so far). Be aware that the stock sears have numerous reports of wearing out pretty early... (From what I have seen, and mine did it while zeroing in my scope.) I'm sure somebody with more experience can give you a better reply.
Best of wishes to ya though.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Postby Oven Gnome » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:14 pm

Just to note there are tons of people who bought it and said that it had amazing accuracy ( no precise distance meantioned but considering it's a sniper, must have been at least 180 ft or more.
Oven Gnome

Postby Fridge Gnome » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:50 pm

Yea, Bar 10 for me, I know your $40 away from it, but you might what to think about a tightbore like a 6.03 and mabye a new trigger sear in some cases, I know for a bar 10 that its a good idea.
Fridge Gnome

Postby Oven Gnome » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:09 pm

I have enough for the gun but the ammo and scope...not so much. How much is the trigger and sears though? And for the barrel, a 6.03 Prometheus barrel? And what about the spring? And last question: How much money is this whole thing going to cost me? I'm not the most wealthy person around!
Oven Gnome

Postby sargcj » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:39 pm

For bar 10 upgrades and parts, look on asgi they have pretty much anything you're gonna wanna get for it.
www.airsoftgi.com

Here are 2 recent posts for reference on mods & upgrades. In the one I posted, a guy mentions the cheap but durable ASGI reinforced upgrade parts for it, take a look there to start. The Sear Set(or sear kit?) is 55 bucks.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17052
&
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17066
"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Postby vulrath » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:41 pm

Now, before you drop the L96 like a bad habit, you should know that you can do a lot to it. I own one, and have upgraded it to 550 fps.

Here's what I did to my gun:
-PDI hop up chamber
-Guarder black hop up bucking
-Deepfire 6.04mm 550mm barrel
-Laylax tri-element piston
-Guarder piston head
-custom hop up nub (made from a metal drill bit)
-550 fps spring (don't know much more than that; got the spring secondhand)
-stock Maruzen cylinder head (the UTG one doesn't fit into the PDI chamber correctly)
-/*not done yet*/Laylax Zero Trigger
-teflon-taped cylinder head to improve airseal (ended up with the best damned air seal I've ever seen)

Now, I came into possession of some stock Maruzen Type 96 parts through a rather interesting turn of events, so I put those on, but the UTG parts are still of decent quality. You'd only pay a marginally larger amount for upgrades to an L96 over a VSR (both are extremely upgradeable), so go with the externals that you want.

I'd also suggest grabbing some Madbull 0.36g BBs. I only run Madbulls in any of my sniper rifles (sure, there are better choices, but not by much, and the MAdbulls are cheaper and more readily available).
vulrath

Return to Sniper Rifles