[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - which one to get? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

which one to get?

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

which one to get?

Postby airsofter12 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:26 pm

I was looking at getting an air-soft sniper rifle.
the sniper rifles i am looking at getting are:

WELL VSR10.

WELL MBO3.

please comment which one i should choose and why..or if there is another cheap air-soft rifle that is better.

airsofter12

Re: which one to get?

Postby chrisdetrin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:57 pm

JG bar 10
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby airsofter12 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:06 pm

im noticing alot of talk about the bar10..what is so good about it?
airsofter12

Postby chrisdetrin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:40 pm

good base rifle and a ton of parts and upgrades for it and its probably your cheapest (in the end) to fully upgrade with good performance
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Pfhor » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:13 pm

Im assuming that the well vsr 10 is a clone of the tm vsr 10. The jg bar 10 is probably a better choice because it is completely compatible with all the upgrades from the tm vsr 10, and there are a lot of them. I dont know much about the well vsr 10 but I do know the jg bar 10 is a damn good clone.
They say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life...
...sometimes it bends so far it snaps in two.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby Fridge Gnome » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:01 pm

Yup, I have a bar 10 on the way. I think the bar 10 is also pretty easy to take apart right?
Fridge Gnome

Postby vulrath » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Please remember that an airsoft sniper rifle is NOT cheap. You will eventually want to upgrade it to get as much range as possible, and that will cost money (a stock sniper rifle won't outrange a stock AEG). I have probably dropped $500+ into my own UTG , and its still not finished (needs a new spring guide and zero trigger - that's easily another $235), and none of that is the cost of the gun (I didn't pay anything for that since I got it in a trade).
vulrath

Postby airsofter12 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:26 pm

I know it will be expensive. i was just wondering what would be a good stock gun.

what are the specs on the JG BAR10 eg. FPS,length,range,accuracy.that would be nice.
airsofter12

Postby sargcj » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:48 pm

I have a bar 10.
Yes it is a great gun.
It is Sexy
The abs plastic grip has a soft rubbery like feel and to me helps grip, but isn't rubber.
You don't need a ris/rail for a bipod or scope. if you get the echo1/dboy bi-pod it comes with an adapter you don't need, it also comes with a rail for a scope when you take the stock sight off.
The hardest thing when you first get it, is getting the mag catch put it, and it is pretty easy, though I do advise super gluing the spring in place so you don't loose it, and if you do, something like a pen spring will work to replace it.
It is easy to take apart, just need a screw driver and the wrenches that comes with it.
There are TONS of upgrades, from tight bore barrel, to springs, pretty much everything is upgradeable.
You should of read a couple topics down for info on the bar 10, if you didn't...
Even stock it is supposed to be pretty reliable. The biggest fault is the stock sears. I have read several times(including my own experience) that they wore out too early. Mine wore out while zeroing in my scope. My parts should ship out tomorrow though, so I'm happy about that...
I would say to start with(if nothing else, and note, I'm not an expert, lol) if you order from asgi, get their PE sears set for the bar10/vsr10, it is reinforced, the only thing is you need to make a quick/small adjustment to it. If you or a neighbor/friend has a tool like a dremel, it should be a quick job.
Look for the airsoftgi upgraded bar 10 video on youtube, at the end it shows the difference from stock trigger sear and the reinforced one. it is pretty cheap for what you get, and a good first durability upgrade.
Just note, other than that, your first or 2nd upgrade should be an inner barrel.
And I don't know anything about the other one, I haven't seen it, but I have been looking around and learning about my own gun. xD
Best of luck :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Postby chrisdetrin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:10 pm

no matter what gun you get your looking at around 600-1000+ when full upgraded if you plan on doing that too so just a heads up.
  ▲
▲ ▲
chrisdetrin

Return to Sniper Rifles