[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Airsoft sniper rifle modding? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Airsoft sniper rifle modding?

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Airsoft sniper rifle modding?

Postby carterb » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:41 pm

I was just curious if anyone here has tweaked out their or not? I heard that with a stiffer spring you can easily add on like 100 FPS or more. But what worries me is that I also heard that it is a bit risky and may ruin other parts in the gun once you start using a more powerful spring.

What is the deal with this? Is it even worth the bother for the extra FPS? Will it make my sniper rifle unreliable as a result?

I was also kind of curious if it affects the accuracy or not. I am guessing that I would probably have to use a heavier airsoft BB if I increased my FPS.

carterb

Re: Airsoft sniper rifle modding?

Postby Fridge Gnome » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Im not a expert, but ultimately you want range and accuracy, a higher FPS gives you more range, but after a certain point the fps will mess with your accuracy so you use heavier BBs

I think on all or almost all snipers, if you get a new spring you have to get more than just a spring or it will break the internals
Fridge Gnome

Postby Pfhor » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:12 pm

It all depends on what sniper it is. On the my jg bar 10 i put a stronger spring in it but I also had to replace my spring guide, piston, and trigger sear to keep the spring from breaking those parts. I didnt go with the strongest spring to keep it field legal but It did give about a 150 fps boost. The only other thing I plan on doing is getting some heavier bbs (using .25 will move to .30) and installing a tight bore barrel.
They say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life...
...sometimes it bends so far it snaps in two.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby vulrath » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Generally, you want to replace parts that have a high probability of breaking (sears, cylinder, trigger mech, etc.), and parts that don't perform as well as their aftermarket equivalent get replaced too (barrel, hop up (in some cases; the hop up on the TM VSR usually gets left alone), piston, piston head, spring, spring guide, etc.). This is why we keep telling people that sniper rifles cost an arm, leg, and left nut, because you have to reinforce everything to handle the increased pressures from the increased fps of the gun.
vulrath

Postby Freelancer-Alpha » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:19 am

here is a good place to get info on upgradding sniper rifles there are some good guides on this forum and I have found it very usefull in upgrading my l96 http://airsoftsniper.proboards.com/index.cgi
Team W.A.R.
Only the dead have seen the end of W.A.R. "Plato"
Freelancer-Alpha

Postby vulrath » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:55 am

Another good place to start (I highly recommend this place; without them my KJW M700 would be a heap of garbage) is www.airsoftforum.com , in their Sniper Rifles subforum.u
vulrath

Return to Sniper Rifles