[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Trying to Find the best Spring Sniper for me Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Trying to Find the best Spring Sniper for me

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Trying to Find the best Spring Sniper for me

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:11 pm

I'm looking for a good spring rifle that wont break the bank too bad. I'm trying to stay under 250-300 so then I can still afford a good Scope (and scope mount if I will need one). I've looked for a while and came down to these three guns.
A&K SVD
UTG MK96
TSD MK96

I'm trying to get the best gun for the money and I'm trying to get good accuracy and good range out of the box. The A&K is REALLY long because it is a SVD so I'm assuming that it will have pretty good accuracy out of the box. I also like the bolt action of the SVD because I'm a Lefty and since it cocks back from the side then I won't have a Big bolt coming back every time I need another shot. I like the MK96's because of the Thumb Hole in the stock and I also hear that they have a lot more upgrades than the SVD. I'm not going to put a SVD scope on it because the cheapest I found was $250 which is more then the gun alone so I'm just going to put an AK Scope mount on it. I want to hear what is the better gun from the forum and which gun has the better internals, Build quality, and which gun has a wider range of Upgrades.

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Re: Trying to Find the best Spring Sniper for me

Postby SchĂĽtze » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:49 pm

The UTG and the TSD are the same gun externals and internals from what I know.
However, the TSD usually comes with a scope for a few dollars extra.

As far as the A&K goes, I do not know much about that gun other than it is probably a clone that can take upgrades from the main aftermarket companies.

One piece of advice that doesn't have anything to do with the three guns you posted though.
If this is your first airsoft gun or you do not have a good AEG and you want to play in airsoft games outside your own backyard, dont buy a sniper rifle yet.
Being a sniper is cool, but for $300 you could buy an amazing AEG or a crappy sniper rifle that will never perform as well as you would like.

I own a sniper rifle and two AEG's and have never used the sniper rifle other than as a prop in a scenario. I wanted it just because it looks so cool, and one day I might actually put the money into it that will make it respectable to use in a real game, until then it will hang in the garage.

KWA KM4 RIS
Magpul Masada
G&P Troy M7A1 CQB Rifle
KWA M9 PTP Tactical
SchĂĽtze

Postby xghostmakerx » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:52 pm

umm, check this link. It is my friends gun. It is well upgraded and adult cared for. Plus scope included

i think he may have a little wiggle room in the price too. :wink:

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/classifie ... oduct/5266

Dan
xghostmakerx

Postby vulrath » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:12 pm

This should also help, if you go with the UTG/TSD.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Stock ... ry18214457

I have a UTG; I love mine, but I gutted it and have only a handful of stock parts left. However, this guy Zero_Wolf over there on ASF has a few tips and tricks to get a stock gun shooting like a champ.
vulrath

Postby Pfhor » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:01 pm

I have heard some pretty bad things about the a&k svd. Apparently there is some part that will frequently break if the magazine isnt loaded in just the right way that renders the gun completely useless. I havnt found a replacement for that part yet. I personally like the bar 10 but that is really to be an upgrade platform. Id look into that tm vsr 10 posted above.
They say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life...
...sometimes it bends so far it snaps in two.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:58 am

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:45 pm

While I have a little more experience with sniping (2 sniper rifles, 2AEGs, and one GBBR; I primarily snipe nowadays), I agree with what SchĂĽtze is saying. We usually tell new people to the sport to play with AEGs for a year or so and then go for it if they still want it. The reason for this is so that you don't waste your money on a gun you don't like.

Also, after upgrades, a sniper rifle is WAY out of your price range (double your $300 limit and you might be able to do something with the UTG).
vulrath

Postby Pfhor » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:01 pm

Well you would probably prefer an aeg then. You may want to look into the sr-25 or m16 family. Those will be your longest range aeg outside of dmrs.
Echo 1
A&K
There are some others but they get well over $300. Do look into some m16 as well.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:14 pm

Since everyone is telling me to get a field gun before I get a sniper. Should I get a M16 for the length so I can get used to running around with a long gun or should I just get an M4 for CQC so then I will have a gun for both CQC and field and when I get a Sniper I can just have the M4 for CQC? What is the better alternative?
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Pfhor » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:36 pm

If you do plan on doing any cqc then do get a m4 (363cm barrel) dont get any with the ridiculously short barrels. I used a m4 as my first weapon and it is great for field. I have never worried that I am being out ranged with it. I got an echo 1 barrett rec 7 but feel free to look around for other brands. KWAs are generally top of the line but will cost a pretty penny. G&G makes some high quality expensive guns but they also make a pretty good cheap m4. Then you have echo 1 which are pretty good quality (never had a problem with mine) and about $200 each. JG are usually slightly cheaper with very similar internals.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:00 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Pfhor » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:33 pm

That is a fine starter rifle. Good stock internals and if you ever wanted to upgrade it you would have options.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby Fridge Gnome » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:07 am

me and two of my friends use the G&G Combat Machine, it works great, I use mine for field with a m110 spring, I have read that it can take a m110 spring without upgrading anything else, but i put a piston and piston head in there just in case.
Fridge Gnome

Return to Sniper Rifles