[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Bar 10 problem Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Bar 10 problem

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Bar 10 problem

Postby Fridge Gnome » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:10 pm

Yes, it has a problem, imagine that.

I got it a couple days ago, i recently did the airbrake mod, and Teflon taped the cylinder threads and the o-ring, i took it to Parafrog to get it chrono'd and they chrono'd it at 350fps with .20s, deadly, so I took it apart and added more teflon to the o-ring and cylinder threads, but I dont think that will do much, stock my gun should shoot 400fps, whats wrong with it?

Fridge Gnome

Re: Bar 10 problem

Postby DWRacing39 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:25 pm

The first thing you need to do is make sure that your getting a good seal. Unscrew the outer barrel from the upper reciever. Then cycle the bolt as normal. Put your thumb over the nozzle tightly and fire. If it takes 20 sec or so for the piton to make it back to the front of the cylinder your getting a good seal (ideally you dont want it to return at all)

Your rifle is supposed to shoot 400 stock. Unfortunately that isnt always the case (mine didnt). I done the airbrake mod as well and it done nothing. Ive heared that from a lot of people as well.

The downside is that your not shooting as well as you want. The upside though, is that you have a rifle that will take all VSR-10 upgrades. And for a clone rifle it has probably the best out of the box accuracy of any rifle ive shot. It rivals a stock vsr 10 in out of the box accuracy. Sometimes you do have to line the hop up correctly but you have that with all rifles
Operation: Irene VI alum- Task Force Ranger sniper
Operation: Northern Wind V
Santa Vs Grinch 09'

Creator of Op: Jungle Fury
Sniper rifle tech.
M24 Sniper Weapon System. HPA powered.
Barrett M82 SASR
M4 DMR system.
DWRacing39

Postby Fridge Gnome » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:23 pm

Mabye I am doing it wrong, and I will check it again, but when I cycled the bolt and shot, it just shot, I was not looking in the cylinder, but it didnt seem to take it any time at all to shoot.
Fridge Gnome

Postby Pfhor » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:44 pm

did you have your thumb over the nozzle?
They say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life...
...sometimes it bends so far it snaps in two.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby Fridge Gnome » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:02 am

The nozzle is the cylinder head, right? if it is than yes, could it be my hop-up chamber is not assembled correctly? I installed a tight-bore, so maybe I put it back together wrong.
Fridge Gnome

Postby Pfhor » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:41 am

Try reassembling your hopup and check to make sure you have your air nozzle screwed all the way in. You may also want to check that your piston is making a complete seal with the inside of the piston. The black o ring around the piston head should be a little lose and you may be able to tighten the seal with a few small rubber bands placed under the o ring.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby vulrath » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:55 pm

Also a little teflon tape around the threads on the cylinder head couldn't hurt.
vulrath

Postby chocolate pain » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Teflon seal the end of your barrel before you slide your hopup bucking onto it and Make sure your 0 ring is loose and in the right place... this should increase your fps also... If you teflon tape all of the areas mentioned before and you are still getting 350 fps you might just want to buy an aftermarket laylax or pdi spring to up your fps. Make sure your 0 ring is loose and in the right place
chocolate pain

Postby Fridge Gnome » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:14 pm

I have teflon on the cylinder threads and around the piston o-ring, I will look at the hop-up and try teflon there
Fridge Gnome

Postby BravoLion1 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:19 am

Teflon tape around the piston O ring dosent sound like a good idea it might cause more friction i would just due what Pfhor said with the rubber bands and lube it well.
BravoLion1

Postby Fridge Gnome » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:15 am

it seems like the teflon would cause less friction than the rubber bands though.
Fridge Gnome

Postby Pfhor » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:38 am

The rubber bands under the o ring would keep 1 consistent point of contact while the teflon would create multiple points in different locations losing consistency of the seal and creating more friction.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby Fridge Gnome » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:12 pm

Ok I have placed teflon on the hopup, and every thread I can think of, but when I do the compresion test it sounds like air is coming out of the middle of the cylinger, is this the O-ring. Air getting pushed backwards because the O-ring is messed up?
Fridge Gnome

Postby vulrath » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:06 pm

Does the piston stop or slow down before it hits the cylinder head? Even with perfect compression (IE will keep the piston from moving until your finger is removed) the piston will still move some (enough to start to compress the air already in the cylinder).

Go to Lowes and pick up some Danco Silicone Grease. Put a thin layer of it around the o-ring on your piston head. While I'm not positive it'll help, as long as you only use a small amount it can't really hurt either. This should have the side effect of giving you a slightly smoother bolt pull too.
vulrath

Postby Matthias » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:42 pm

Take the Teflon tape off the o ring, that is not White it was designed for. Beyond that make sure it has been well lubricated.
Matthias

Next

Return to Sniper Rifles