[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - M324 or MK96? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

M324 or MK96?

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

M324 or MK96?

Postby Oven Gnome » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:09 pm

I have been looking at sniper rifles (as a backup, just in case my AEG breaks), and have come down to these two: UTG MK96 or the UTG Gen 3. M324 Pro Sniper. I have heard that the MK96 is very great out if the box but I can not find alot of upgrades for it (actually,none!). From my reasearch, the M324 is not the best out of the box (accurate to about 100ft consistently), but I found upgrades for it that will make it about 500 fps and consistently up to 300 ft (normally about 220). The upgrades are the UTG Upgrade kit and the DBC 6.01 Precision inner barrel. If anyone owns one of these fun and/or the upgrades, post please.

P.S.: The accuracy and fps measurments were taken with .28 bbs.

Oven Gnome

Re: M324 or MK96?

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:32 pm

C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby Pfhor » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:49 pm

JG Bar 10 is great out of box (At least 100ft consistent) and has a ton of upgrades. Mine is shooting over 500fps right now. I havnt chroned it yet and probably wont be able to till the 20th.
They say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life...
...sometimes it bends so far it snaps in two.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby USBWL » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:58 pm

Short answer: Neither, they're both sh!t. Save your money for a better gun. BAR-10 is a good place to start if you lack the funds or desire to spend said funds on a "fancy" platform like a VSR-10, PSG-1, whatever.
*** BANNED ***.

Noobie gun list:
Custom Inokatsu Zastava M92 Carbine
Custom Prime LR-300ML (FOR SALE)
Custom KSC USP Compact
Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle
Western Arms Wilson Combat TSGC
USBWL

Postby BravoLion1 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:09 am

BravoLion1

Postby Pfhor » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:43 am

Yes a sniper will not just fill in when an aeg is down. The aeg gunner and sniper are completely different rolls, and if you mean to carry both your aeg and sniper I would recommend against it. I dont know just what kind of aeg you are running but if it is bigger than a mp5 it is probably to big to run with your sniper at the same time.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby vulrath » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 pm

vulrath

Postby Oven Gnome » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:20 pm

When I say backup, I do not mean to carry it around with me while using an AEG. I mean like my gun stops working (then I would miss that one game), go get my sniper from the safe zone, and wait for the next round (or whatev). I will not get the Bar 10 (for personal reasons). I am encouraged to hear that the MK96 is good (thought it may not be), with one problem. Idk where I could get the upgrades. Where could I?
Oven Gnome

Postby Pfhor » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:23 pm

Stock bar 10 is not a bad gun. Just curious why do you not like the bar?

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby vulrath » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:47 pm

vulrath

Postby Oven Gnome » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:19 pm

First off, I just want advice on what gun is better (obviously the MK96). Secondly, I apreciate the advice, but I have plans for my own money. Also, I still need the url for a site with lots of MK96 upgrades. I just looked around at airsoft gi (would do parafrog but they dont have snipers :() and im thinking about getting the SOCOM Gear R700 Sniper Rifle. Im going to remove the Shock system (people say its horrible and makes the gun bad) and but a JG bar-10 scope mount. I like this gun because its accurate and is compatible with the Bar 10 and VSR 10 upgrades. Or so they say. Anyone own this gun and suggest it?
Oven Gnome

Postby Fridge Gnome » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 pm

Possibly he does not like the bar 10 because when i showed him mine it was slam firing...
Fridge Gnome

Postby Pfhor » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:02 pm

First impressions do count for a lot.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby Fridge Gnome » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:05 pm

yea, but dont worry oven it shoots fine right now, exept i left my mag somewhere :(
Fridge Gnome

Postby vulrath » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:10 pm

Airsoft Atlanta has tons of both Laylax/First Factory (my personal favorite) and PDI (I only like their hop chambers, but I'm not opposed to the existence of their other stuff, although I'm not a fan of the o-ring style of piston head as I feel that is less efficient than the "cup" design that Laylax took from the stock Maruzen piston head) parts, but they don't have PolarStar parts or Edgi barrels (for those I'd suggest Evike, or even straight from the manufacturers; ya gotta love US-based parts companies).

If I'm not mistaken, not much is known about the Socom Gear as its a relatively new rifle (or there could be a whole lot known about it and I just don't know it; I haven't heard much on ASF about it). It could be a clone of the VSR, but it could also not be. If I were you I'd go with a proven reliable upgrade platform.
vulrath

Next

Return to Sniper Rifles