[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Well L96 for $100, what do you think? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Well L96 for $100, what do you think?

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Well L96 for $100, what do you think?

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:43 pm

Someone has offered me a Well L96 for $100. You can get the thing of Airsplat for 150 something but the one I'm being offered has been "upgraded". This gun shoots stock 500FPS with .2's and the person I'm getting it from replaced the piston, piston guide, and spring. It is now doing 500-515 FPS with .25's.
People are telling me not to start out with a Sniper rifle but for $100 I was thinking I could just pick this up so when the time comes then I can bring it out when I'm ready. The person bought it last summer and only did the upgrades that are mentioned above.

So... He's the point. For $100 should I go ahead and pick this gun up or does this gun have a bad reputation? I was to hear what the forum thinks before I drop $100 on something that turns out to be the worst gun ever!

I'm putting this out on the Forum mainly because I don't want to drop $100 and have a bad gun when I could have saved $50 more and I could've got a great Sniper. Let me here what you think.

If the answer is a no then I will just proceed with saving for the KWA. :D

Or if someone in the Memphis, Jackson, Nashville or any of the surrounding areas about an hour away from Jakcosn has a spring Sniper hitting 500 FPS with .25's and can hit a one foot target at more then 120 feet then message me and we'll talk but don't try to sell me a bad gun.

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Re: Well L96 for $100, what do you think?

Postby Pfhor » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:08 pm

I dont know where you are getting your figures from but stock well l96s shoot about 400fps. His is probably shooting about 100 fps over stock. While it is recommended to start with an aeg in the end it is your money. If I were you id wait and go with the kwa but it is your choice.
They say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life...
...sometimes it bends so far it snaps in two.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby metal-child » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:40 pm

i have the gun myself and i think its great. but before i buy it i would test it and make sure he didnt skrew anything up on it when he upgraded it. the only prob i have had with it is ajusting the hop up just right; 1st: you need a small allen wrench that is included with airsplat package. 2nd it takes very little turning to make a big ajustment but other than that its great
a thousand words to describe something you love
metal-child

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:06 am

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:10 am

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby metal-child » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:25 am

no prob dude
a thousand words to describe something you love
metal-child

Postby Pfhor » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:55 am

I only found it on arisplat and hitguns and both those sites' figures need to be taken with a grain of salt. After watching multiple reviews including chrono readings of the gun, stock it will fire in the 420 fps range with .25 and about 450-470 with .20. So that is still about a 100 fps upgrade to bring the gun from 420 with .25 to 515 with .25. You may want to see just what other upgrades have been done. Im not sure what other problem areas this gun has at higer fps but it may need a reinforced trigger sear and a new hopup unit usually helps.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:45 am

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:57 am

Also would you compare this gun (upgraded) to a UTG or TSD?
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Pfhor » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Oh yes I wholely believe that the upgrade he did is not only doable but also very easy to do. As far as Well vs UTG vs TSD none of them are high quality brands and will all perform similarly. That well rifle will be just as good as most UTG or TSD rifles of the same model. It mostly depends on what upgrades you put in it and this one is already upgraded. If you are dead set on starting with a sniper rifle this is not a bad deal.

Echo 1 Barrett rec 7
JG bar 10 (upgraded)
Unknown brand mp5
KJW 614 m1911
Pfhor

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:11 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Return to Sniper Rifles