[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - whats a good beginner sniper? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

whats a good beginner sniper?

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

whats a good beginner sniper?

Postby TheHeavyCarrier » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:14 pm

i realy want to get into sniping wat do i do

i am very quiet
TheHeavyCarrier

Re: whats a good beginner sniper?

Postby Fridge Gnome » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:41 pm

Bar 10 its only $100, but once upgraded can be one of the best
Fridge Gnome

Postby vulrath » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:22 am

How long have you been playing? If the answer to that question is less than a year, then you will probably want to shelf the idea of being a sniper for a year or so. I know I'm glad I did; since taking up sniping I've used everything I've learned playing assault and more.

That said, assuming you're still wanting to go ahead and buy a sniper rifle, I suggest either a UTG L96 or a JG BAR 10. Both can be turned into damned good rifles once properly upgraded, but both are going to cost a ton of money to do so. I have the UTG, and I have replaced almost everything in it (gives me an effective range of at least 275 feet), and the price has topped out thus far at over $600 including shipping (that's not including the price of the gun (I got the gun in a trade for a gun I got as a gift, so I didn't lose anything);it's not done yet; I still need a Zero Trigger, which tacks on another $200 easy). The moral: sniping ain't cheap.
vulrath

Postby TheHeavyCarrier » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:55 pm

i will trade an ak for a sniper
i am very quiet
TheHeavyCarrier

Postby USBWL » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:25 am

You're missing the point. Re-read Vulrath's post, thoroughly. Personally, from what I've seen, I'm not so sure you have what it takes to be a sniper. Airsoft isn't like Counter-Strike, Heavy. Sniping in the real world, be it real guns or airsoft ones, isn't as easy as "point-and-click" on some video game.
*** BANNED ***.

Noobie gun list:
Custom Inokatsu Zastava M92 Carbine
Custom Prime LR-300ML (FOR SALE)
Custom KSC USP Compact
Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle
Western Arms Wilson Combat TSGC
USBWL

Postby reloaded recon4 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:36 pm

How about you see if any of your friends have a sniper then see if they let you borrow it.Play a couple games and see if you like it.Prob. the easiest way to stop a couple arguements over ''Your not ready'' or "Its not a video game" :D no offence to anyone
reloaded recon4

Postby swimmerboy15 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:22 pm

if you are a beginner dont get a sniper. you most likely wont like it and to even make it worth wild (so you can efectively outshoot an aeg) it will take upwards of $500 or more. start with an aeg and go from there. ive tried sniping and ive been playing for a while and i found out i didnt like it after i had a $500 on my hands and really i found that what i was looking for was just an aeg that could outrange everyone else
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

"Our goal is not to get to Hell fast, only to make sure it is crowded when we get there"
swimmerboy15

Postby CapnAce86 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:03 pm

A good friend of mine wanted to start out sniping. He played his first game as a sniper, and wasn't too keen on playing airsoft much more, until I handed him my M4. He played a few more games, sold his sniper, and got his own AEG.

Sniping in airsoft is pointless unless you have a gun that has been built professionally, in my experience. I have, however, seen people pick up a bone stock BAR 10 and work people over with it and never get touched once.
KWA M4RIS
Novak NeXt M1911 .45
Betty the Shanker
http://www.facebook.com/christopher.cutshall
CapnAce86

Postby DWRacing39 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:01 pm

I love sniping. But as anyone who plays with me much will tell you, I dont use my sniper gear that much locally. Unless im working on something or just get in the mood. If your wanting to be in a lot of action then you prob wont like it. If you think your going to get tons of kills every game your not going to like it. I have really nice sniper gear. I m lucky if I get a handfull of kills in a day. But the ones I do get are much nicer it seems. :D
Operation: Irene VI alum- Task Force Ranger sniper
Operation: Northern Wind V
Santa Vs Grinch 09'

Creator of Op: Jungle Fury
Sniper rifle tech.
M24 Sniper Weapon System. HPA powered.
Barrett M82 SASR
M4 DMR system.
DWRacing39

Postby 4banger » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:50 pm

I just got a UTG Shadow Ops rifle. Chronoed it and was super consistent. Pretty cheap also. got the upgrade kit also but haven't installed yet. If I remember correctly, it shot 420fps with .25's. The upgrade kit will make it shoot almost 500 with .2's. Ill post up the results when i get the kit in

mark
Mark Bradshaw
Action Paintball and Airsoft Store
www.actionpaintballstore.com
615-851-7510
Rig - KWA KM4A1 and KP45
4banger

Postby CapnAce86 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:33 pm

KWA M4RIS
Novak NeXt M1911 .45
Betty the Shanker
http://www.facebook.com/christopher.cutshall
CapnAce86

Postby 4banger » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:38 pm

after installing the 20% upgrade kit, it shoots about 510 avg on .2's and 475 on .25's. Overall a great gun for the money. Has its limitations stock but upgrades are numerous.
Mark Bradshaw
Action Paintball and Airsoft Store
www.actionpaintballstore.com
615-851-7510
Rig - KWA KM4A1 and KP45
4banger

Postby TheHeavyCarrier » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:00 pm

want to trade or buy
i am very quiet
TheHeavyCarrier

Postby reloaded recon4 » Sat May 01, 2010 1:19 pm

Really ace,I tried to stop all this "You'll hate it" and "Your not ready" and all this other crap.
1:Really just try a sniper and AEG both from your friends
2:whichever you like better take it an run with it
3:first i hated snipers now i love them We change
reloaded recon4

Postby HeavensAngels » Fri May 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Im with the other guy's....BAR 10 is a good rifle...its light weight and its a killer out of the Box...but ya made a good choice on the shadow ops rifle bro!! glad u like it. you should come over to Kingsport sometime and hang with us!!!...and it look's like "USBWL" Learned his Lesson about pissing people off lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

HeavensAngels

Return to Sniper Rifles