[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - PDI and Laylax compatability Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

PDI and Laylax compatability

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

PDI and Laylax compatability

Postby Fridge Gnome » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:05 pm

I just ordered a PDI spring guide and a laylax m150, airsoft atlanta called me and told me they are not compatible, I was not able to call them back before they shipped it. Is this correct about not being compatible, or is there possible a modification I could do to make them work?

Fridge Gnome

Re: PDI and Laylax compatability

Postby vulrath » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:20 pm

My advice is to try it when you get it. It shouldn't matter too terribly much what brand each one is (not with the spring & guide, anyway; piston, cylinder, & trigger are a completely different kettle of fish, though). If it works, great; if it doesn't, send one or both of them back and get what you need.
vulrath

Postby Xephyr » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Might be a 7mm wide spring and 9mm spring guide. In which case, won't work together.
Former professional gun tech. I give free repair and upgrade advice. PM me with any questions or issues.
Xephyr

Postby Death » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:29 pm

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...

Bad information spreads like cancer...
Death

Postby vulrath » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Again, my original suggestion stands. Try it, and send back parts and get what you need if it doesn't work. Worst case scenario, you have to wait a couple of weeks to use your gun. Best case scenario is that it all works just fine.

One option that you have if the spring guide doesn't work and you need the gun for a game in the meantime is to put the stock spring guide back in until you have the correct metal guide. I ran a 550 fps setup in a UTG L96 with the stock guide until just recently (I'm not sure what kind of spring it was, other than that it was a 9mm spring; an experiment with a CA M24 spring guide gave me a metal guide), and if I look at the guide I see no damage other than some scratches from where the spring rotated when I was using the gun. (I dunno what they make those things out of, but they're surprisingly durable.)

Now, I did forget that the VSR & APS2 systems both have two different diameters of spring (7 & 9mm), and that's my bad. If you got a 7mm spring then it would not work with a 9mm guide (I don't think that is the case, though, if they follow the same logic as they did with the Type 96 springs - M150 and above are 9mm there), although if you bought a 9mm spring and a 7mm guide it would work (though I'm willing to bet that the guide would eventually break).
vulrath

Postby Fridge Gnome » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:18 am

They did call, so my dad thinks they ether switched it or figured out that they did work together.

but if they dont I can just use the stock one like you said till and I get the new one.
Fridge Gnome

Return to Sniper Rifles