[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - AirsoftAO will be doing sniper upgrades and tuning. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

AirsoftAO will be doing sniper upgrades and tuning.

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

AirsoftAO will be doing sniper upgrades and tuning.

Postby DWRacing39 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:24 am

Ans many of you may knoe. A member of this forum and a very active tri cities player "Lt.Dan" is in the workds of opening a small airsoft stofre basically to support the tricites equipment needs. ahe is also starting an online magazine with reviews and other topics called www.airsoftao.com. Its still in the begining stages but this guy is no joke and is very serious about this. One thing that will be offfered is upgrade services. No, we wont be fixing broken rifles, only doing performance upgrades. And I have been fortunate enough to be asked to become a part of airsoftao and the resident sniper rifle tech. As far as pricing and such, you will have to contact Lt. Dan. Mainly what im most experienced in is VSR-10's and Bar 10s. I have worked on a few maruzens and have had great luck. but I feel like the VSR is where im best at., along with HPA systems of course. Along with that ill be glad to answer any questions on here that I feel I can help with.

Best of luck to everyone abd when you get ready to build a long range monster keep airsoftao at the top of your list.

THanks everyone, DW

Operation: Irene VI alum- Task Force Ranger sniper
Operation: Northern Wind V
Santa Vs Grinch 09'

Creator of Op: Jungle Fury
Sniper rifle tech.
M24 Sniper Weapon System. HPA powered.
Barrett M82 SASR
M4 DMR system.
DWRacing39

Re: AirsoftAO will be doing sniper upgrades and tuning.

Postby Jackalope » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:06 am

Awesome! I might be getting on to ask you some questions as I go through building my HPA system.
formerly known as mtcjustin
Jackalope

Postby Jackalope » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:14 am

Which reminds me about a question i had.
I just recently picked up a slightly used pair of kjw m700s which has already been converted to use HPA. When i shot them the both shot the same way, they went out about 100 ft then curved drasticly to the right (or was it the left) and towards the ground. Im guessing this has to do with the inner barrel and hop up (not much else to the gun). I plan on replacing one of them with my VSR-10 tight bore barrel and hop up. Is this a common problem for a stock kjw m700? and will the better inner barrel and hop up fix it?
Jackalope

Postby DWRacing39 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:19 am

THE KJW is in base form a terrible gun. BUT the good news is that you can use the good vsr barrels and hop ups. If you have a takedown model im sorry to say, but your just sol. Your problem sounds like a hop up alignment issue. It takes a lot of trial and error to get them shooting straight. I actually use a custom fitted hop up nub in all my HPA systems.
Santa Vs Grinch 09'

Sniper rifle tech.
Barrett M82 SASR
M4 DMR system.
DWRacing39

Postby Jackalope » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:25 am

They aren't the take down version, I made sure of that. I plan on taking it apart today, put in the new barrel and hop up. i guess we will see how the aligning goes. I'm trying to get it ready in time for the TAS game tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.
Jackalope

Postby DWRacing39 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:39 am

When you install the barrel and hop it can be very tricky to align it properly. I will be there even if im not playing (tall skinny guy wearing PCU's cant miss me) if your having any trouble let me know. I keep my tool kit with me.
Santa Vs Grinch 09'

Sniper rifle tech.
Barrett M82 SASR
M4 DMR system.
DWRacing39

Postby vulrath » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:04 pm

I've had a similar problem with mine (I realized that if I were to aim it a little higher, my gun shot in a clockwise spiral), but I recruited the help of the infamous Brainplay over on ASF. While I'm not positive I've fixed the problem since it resurfaced (I haven't had the time to test it lately), disassembling and reassembling the hop chamber fixed it for a while before I replaced the bucking with a KA Air Seal Chamber.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm looking forward to the advancement in knowledge you represent. I may be a big fan of building things myself, but there are others who don't share my intimate knowledge of the inner workings of our guns (and if some of them have it their way they never will). Great to know that there are more options out there.

If I'm ever in the Tri-Cities area, I'll be sure to stop in and chat you guys up (and, of course, buy some stuff).
vulrath

Postby DWRacing39 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:18 am

that brainplay guy is crazy smart. he knows his stuff on hpa rifles for sure.
Santa Vs Grinch 09'

Sniper rifle tech.
Barrett M82 SASR
M4 DMR system.
DWRacing39

Postby vulrath » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:16 am

Yeah, if it wasn't for him, my rifle would be a nice big $200 piece of junk paperweight. Hell, I'd probably still think that the KJW wasn't worth the cost of the materials it was made from.
vulrath

Return to Sniper Rifles