[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - CA URX Sniper Project *update-QUESTIONS* Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

CA URX Sniper Project *update-QUESTIONS*

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

CA URX Sniper Project *update-QUESTIONS*

Postby swimmerboy15 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:11 pm

Well I have tried other upgraded snipers and I didnt really fit the sniping thing and its airsoft anyways so its not like you are gonna make over about a 100 yard shot with any gun. I personally think the reason most people get into sniping is not because they are obsessed with snipers but in airsoft because they are going after every airsofter's ultimate goal of finding the longest shooting most accurate rifle. So I have a mid-range weapon (KWA SR-10), a mid-long range weapon (KWA SR-12) and now I need a long range weapon. Which is why I am now starting a project to build an AEG sniper. I dont want to be bogged down by a slow rate of fire but i dont want to sacrifice power.

After a lot of research and talking to local techs I have decided to use an SR-25 body with an elongated V2 gearbox. The V2 gearbox is infinately better with high power rifles because it is more efficient and better designed for compressing and moving air (also has a larger air volume).

I am currently deciding between a Classic Army SR-25 body and a G&P SR-25 body...if I go with the G&P it will take longer to get the funds together but here is the gun I am going for...

The G&P CNC Machined XM110

With this body I would keep the gearbox stock except for replacing the piston head (ported/silent), cylinder head, motor (AMP high torque), 2GX bucking, systema barrel, and an M160 spring. I would be shooting around 400+FPS with .4g sniper rounds. It would obviously by semi only. This is my project that will hopefull unfold over the next couple months. Just looking for comments and experiences.

Last edited by swimmerboy15 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

"Our goal is not to get to Hell fast, only to make sure it is crowded when we get there"
swimmerboy15

Re: Ive tried other snipers so now my New Sniper Project-XM110

Postby CapnAce86 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:02 pm

Can I have some of the money you're gonna dump into this thing? lol

Seriously though, sounds like a sweet little project, man. Good luck and have fun with it :D
KWA M4RIS
Novak NeXt M1911 .45
Betty the Shanker
http://www.facebook.com/christopher.cutshall
CapnAce86

Postby DWRacing39 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:13 am

Man ive wanted a good semi auto sniper forever. But after 2 unsucessful and very expensive attempts I just left it alone as far as AEGs go. But ive been doing some reasearch and its a safe bet to say you will see a MoneyShot HPA powered semi auto sniper before the year is out.. And depending on how much racing I do this year, it may be a reality before summer :)

Best of luck with your rifle though. If a person could get a really effective semi auto deal going they could seriously kick @$$ on the field. Sniping in airsoft can be a pain, especially with a bolt action. But airsoft is well suited for a semi auto sniping in my opinion. I just happen to really dig bolt action rifles. Thats the main reason Im a sniper.
Operation: Irene VI alum- Task Force Ranger sniper
Operation: Northern Wind V
Santa Vs Grinch 09'

Creator of Op: Jungle Fury
Sniper rifle tech.
M24 Sniper Weapon System. HPA powered.
Barrett M82 SASR
M4 DMR system.
DWRacing39

Postby Lt. Dan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:13 am

Im pretty stoked about our HPA Semi-Auto build thats coming under way. Folks definitely want to keep an eye out for future updates on this. 8)
Lt. Dan

Location: On the Job while your playing soldier in pretend war-land

Postby swimmerboy15 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Yea Im thinking this will be a gun project and i have talked to the guys at parafrog about their most sucessful aeg sniper experiences and built this one off of that will some modifications to make it even better. Just wondering what you meant by failed attempts DWRacing39? and the things you tried? Also is there any more info on the HPA system? or a place to look at details/specs? I personally love gearbox designs and will stick with it even if there is an HPA systema that is efficient but Id deffinately like to take a look at it
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

"Our goal is not to get to Hell fast, only to make sure it is crowded when we get there"
swimmerboy15

Postby Jackalope » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:07 pm

This seems like a really sweet project. I wouldnt personally do it, AEG = too many moving parts for a sniper (for me at least). I'm personally working on an HPA system. I got tired of pulling back the spring on my VSR10 (if you have ever tried to pull back the bolt on an upgraded spring sniper rifle you know what I mean).

I like the idea of your project though, semi-auto means more rounds down range, which in airsoft sniping is a good thing. I hope you keep us updated on how its going.
formerly known as mtcjustin
Jackalope

Postby DWRacing39 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:03 am

Operation: Irene VI alum- Task Force Ranger sniper
Operation: Northern Wind V
Santa Vs Grinch 09'

Creator of Op: Jungle Fury
Sniper rifle tech.
M24 Sniper Weapon System. HPA powered.
Barrett M82 SASR
M4 DMR system.
DWRacing39

Postby swimmerboy15 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:21 pm

ok thanks for that. I personally dont like CA's because of airseal problems among others but yea i thought about using the SR-12 and decided not to for various reasons and that I wanted to do it right and i learned that V2 Elongated gearboxes are the best way to go for snipers. Vince, at parafrog k-town, has an older model of the G&P that I am getting and he has had it in its configuration for about 2 years and he is shooting 530fps with an M150 so Im planning on running an M160. He is getting 100 yards with his so I should be getting 100+ yards with the right ammo
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

swimmerboy15

Re: XM110-CA URX Sniper Project *update*

Postby swimmerboy15 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:28 pm

Update on the project.

although the XM110 is available its hard to get and i wanted a little bit more wiggle room as far as cash goes so I am now using a Classic Army URX as my base gun. after talking with Vince from parafrog (has great experience and advice) he said it will perform exactly the same so I will be upgrading it with the following when i recieve it next week...

the URX also has the elongated V2 gearbox which is infinately better for DMR rifles

Internals:
-Classic Army 25 URX Base
-Systema 509mm tightbore
-suppressor
-AMP high torque motor
-Element silent piston head set
-M150 spring (changed from M160 on reccomendation from vince to get optimal accuracy and distance)
-New wiring

Externals:
-swatforce 4x32 acog type (longer) scope
-magpul PTS angled foregrip (tan)
-rail covers (tan)

and as always some SUPER high quality ammo. I will be testing .36, .30, and .28 with this gun and barrel to see what gets the best accuracy. Vince said this should put me shooting 530-550fps with a .2 so i will very possibly be getting 100 yards on a human sized target. looking forward to seeing how it performs. might look at selling this gun in another year or two if i like the performance and get do the G&P XM110 but thats just speculation. The gun should be arriving next week so i look forward to getting the upgrades on and trying it out.
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

swimmerboy15

Postby Death » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:00 am

Why new wiring?
Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...

Bad information spreads like cancer...
Death

Postby swimmerboy15 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:26 am

because classic army wiring sucks...my opinion but that is based on experience too. just wanted some higher quality for better reliabilty and trigger response
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

swimmerboy15

Postby Death » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:49 pm

Mine is doing just fine...42 a second at 350w/.25 11.1v lipo...

Also, how do you like the element stuff? I've had good luck with the Echo Silent Head set, in case the element doesn't work out.

Death

Postby swimmerboy15 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:39 am

42 rps is impressive man what else do you have in there? not saying their wiring isnt good or wont work but from my experience ive seena lot better more durable wire that i would rather have in the gun. i think their wire is more silicon than wire but thats just me. yea the silent head set is an echo/element. has it worked very well?
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

swimmerboy15

Postby Death » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:28 am

System 165
stock G&P Bevel gear
stock G&P Spur gear
Riot SC DS Gear
Stock VFC M4 Cylinder Set
Guarder Piston head
and deans

I didnt use the silent head set in my 42 a sec gun but have used it in other guns. It works good but I'd suggest a whole set if you can splurge the extra cash. Make sure you super glue the 'silent' part of the piston head to the rest of the piston head...those things have ruined a few supercores because they peeled off....

supercores aint cheap...

Death

Postby swimmerboy15 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:01 am

yea seriously. what FPS and range are you getting with that systema?
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

swimmerboy15

Next

Return to Sniper Rifles