[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - CA URX Sniper Project *update-QUESTIONS* Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

CA URX Sniper Project *update-QUESTIONS*

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Re: XM110-CA URX Sniper Project *update*

Postby Death » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:16 pm

Its a system, like the supercore. Haven't used it in a 'non' short stroked gun but it is supposed to chrono 550-600

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...

Bad information spreads like cancer...
Death

Postby paches » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 am

paches

Postby Death » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:47 pm

Broken lots of gears with it but it is still holding strong...

Death

Postby swimmerboy15 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:59 am

got my Classic Army URX in, as well as the internal upgrade parts from parafrog and Vince has it right now to put in the upgrades so i should be getting it back in a week or two and i will update this post on performance once i get it
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

"Our goal is not to get to Hell fast, only to make sure it is crowded when we get there"
swimmerboy15

Postby swimmerboy15 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:12 pm

alright well its all set up, just got it back from Vince yesterday and its chronoing 520-530fps with an M150 spring. I will list all the final parts put in it but there are a couple things you should know in case you ever try to do this.

1) Classic Army SR-25 type guns are now coming stock with bore up air nozzles which is stupid and causes a huge air leak so you will have to get a non-bore up nozzle separately
2) Classic Army hopups SUCK. plan on getting a new one because mine is brand new and wont work correctly. it is either all the way off or all the way on and Vince tried some tricks with it and im just going to have to get a new one
3) FPS isnt everything

Parts List:
AMP High Torque Motor
M150 Spring
Silent Head Set (element)
Non-bore up air nozzle
Systema 509mm Barrel
Deans
11.1v Lipo

I am getting great trigger response and if i hold the hop up still while shooting to keep it consistent i can put madbull .36s in the same place every time at 250+ feet. I have also tried G&G .28s, Bioval .27s, and KSC .3s along with the madbull .36s the madbulls are doing the best and if i can keep the hop up steady the biovals work great too and those are the two im getting the best performance from. The iron sights also suck so plan on getting some new ones if you dont use a scope.
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

"Our goal is not to get to Hell fast, only to make sure it is crowded when we get there"
swimmerboy15

Postby Oven Gnome » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:26 pm

3) FPS isnt everything

OORAH!!!

Not to cut into this topic but "fps isnt everything"...you think straight! My gun chronoes about 300fps w/ .25 and I shoot farther than some 400fps guns (this also may be the M16 tightbore. Tightbores are great, easy, and inexpensive upgrades)!
Oven Gnome

Postby swimmerboy15 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:37 pm

yea man im thinking about possibly downgrading mine sometime but im gonna wait to get a good hop up first. so long as you can get a consisstent flight with the perfect hop (you are right, tight bores are amazing) then its awesome. what kind of tightbore do you have?
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

swimmerboy15

Postby Fridge Gnome » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Fridge Gnome

Postby Oven Gnome » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:49 pm

I use a Madbull Black Python 6.03 509mm. Only $30 :-) also have a Madbull Gemtech silencer and a Systema cylinder. Fridge-Yes, NOW IT DOES!!! My gun came with an uncompressed hop up :-(
Oven Gnome

Postby Fridge Gnome » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:28 pm

Hop ups don't have compression...
Fridge Gnome

Postby Death » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:33 pm

Death

Postby Fridge Gnome » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:08 am

Yea, I realised that after I posted.
Fridge Gnome

Re: CA URX Sniper Project *update-QUESTIONS*

Postby swimmerboy15 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 am

ok well like i said earlier my CA hop up UNIT is messed up so im gonna get a new one with a new bucking and see how it performs. other than that im running an M150 spring and gettting about 530fps and im only getting abt 50ft more than my KWA sr-10 which is shooting abt 390fps with .2s the URX rounds are flying out there like none other but they are dropping off very fast and im not getting any "float" at all so my range is getting killed. ANY suggestions?

im looking for around 300ft which shouldnt be unreasonable and thats what Vince said he was getting but im getting MAYBE 250ft max range. if a new hopup doesnt help then i might try downgrading it to an M130 or M140
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

swimmerboy15

Postby Fridge Gnome » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:03 pm

Hop ups are key, get a nice hopup, bucking, and nub. Scs are the best, and polar star has made a copy of it.
Fridge Gnome

Postby swimmerboy15 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:04 pm

alright with some more tinkering im having another issue. every time i shoot (if i can get the hop up to be consistent), at about 200-230ft my shots are ending up 20-30ft to the right. i had a systema barrel in it and then i installed a 6.01 and am having the same problem. i have tried different wind directions and no matter what my shots keep curving severely to the right

ive tried a systema 6.04 barrel on reccomendation from parafrog and just installed a 6.01 barrel...bbs are on a straight plane but curving to the right on that plane.

ammo ive tried in both barrels:
-KSC .3
-Madbull .36
-G&G .28
-Bioval .27
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

swimmerboy15

PreviousNext

Return to Sniper Rifles