[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Help on L96 Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Help on L96

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Help on L96

Postby SSGSPEEDMAN » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:19 pm

Trying to get the best performance out of my my L96.
Please post the links of part that I would need and not need

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f9 ... l96-10696/
Thanks for your help
Kevin

SSGSPEEDMAN

Re: Help on L96

Postby 4banger » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:56 pm

how much u wanting to spend and what performance you looking for?
Mark Bradshaw
Action Paintball and Airsoft Store
www.actionpaintballstore.com
615-851-7510
Rig - KWA KM4A1 and KP45
4banger

Postby vulrath » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:05 pm

I'm not going to post links, but I'm going to be as specific as possible as to what I think you should change in your list.

You should revise your list to include:
First Factory (Laylax) Tri-Element piston
Guarder Precision piston head
Guarder black (hard) AEG hop bucking (the Prommy's are complete and utter crap, at least for our purposes)
You don't need the receiver (the stock one should work just fine)
Laylax 170 spring (that should be putting you right at 550 FPS with a 0.20g BB)
PDI barrel spacers
vulrath

Postby SSGSPEEDMAN » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:59 am

SSGSPEEDMAN

Postby SSGSPEEDMAN » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:02 am

SSGSPEEDMAN

Postby vulrath » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:31 am

You have either a Maruzen, a WELL, or a UTG, right? These will fit all of those without any modifications.

The AGM, though, I dunno what will fit that.

And for the record, I have a UTG L96 shooting 515 FPS with a 0.20g BB that's shooting around 300 feet accurately.
vulrath

Postby SSGSPEEDMAN » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:13 pm

SSGSPEEDMAN

Postby vulrath » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:17 pm

I have a PDI chamber with a Deepfire 550mm 6.04mm tightbore in it. The stock hop chamber is crap, so I replaced it.
vulrath

Postby SSGSPEEDMAN » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:55 pm

SSGSPEEDMAN

Postby vulrath » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:06 pm

That should work, provided you have a silencer adapter and a mock silencer to go over the 150mm that will be sticking out the end.

My list was what you should change, based on the choices you made on the forum that you linked to.
vulrath

Postby SSGSPEEDMAN » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:59 pm

I bought this up grade Kit. What spring is it?
http://www.precisionairsoft.com/Product ... de=UTGR065

did you ever replace the cylinder?
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Laylax_L9 ... /58214.htm

would I need to do this?
SSGSPEEDMAN

Postby vulrath » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:45 pm

I do not have any experience with that kit, but it should hit somewhere around 550 FPS. I actually don't like that design of cylinder head all that much (the rubber "cup" design, in my opinion, is far superior and much more efficient than the o-ring design), so that's the main reason why I would steer you away from that.

The only two stock parts left in my gun are the stock and cylinder.
vulrath

Postby SSGSPEEDMAN » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:56 pm

did you have to buy any spacers for your IB barrel?

What are spacers for anyways?

Thanks,
Kevin
SSGSPEEDMAN

Postby 4banger » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:11 pm

my stock UTG l96 with the 20% upgrade kit shoots .2's at 509 avg. shoots .25's at 475. Not fantastic but good for a sub 200 dollar sniper
Mark Bradshaw
Action Paintball and Airsoft Store
www.actionpaintballstore.com
615-851-7510
Rig - KWA KM4A1 and KP45
4banger

Postby vulrath » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:42 pm

vulrath

Next

Return to Sniper Rifles