[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Long range AEG? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Long range AEG?

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Long range AEG?

Postby reloaded recon4 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:17 am

I didn't know which part of the forum to put this on but since you guess know range and accuracy im asking you.I selling some stuff and ill have about $250 and people have told me,'You cant be a DM you dont have enough money'' well i just want the gun with the most range and accuracy in that range.I was leaning towards an m14 and buying upgrades but i wanted to know your opinions.

reloaded recon4

Re: Long range AEG?

Postby Xephyr » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:14 pm

Grab an Echo1 M14 (or similar manufacturer/gun), tightbore barrel, new hop bucking. Call it a day. Without going into lengthy details and such about the technical side, don't let people tell you "you can't do xx." An otherwise stock full size rifle with a good bucking+barrel will give you a little edge over the carbines and you'll have fun regardless.
Former professional gun tech. I give free repair and upgrade advice. PM me with any questions or issues.
Xephyr

Postby CapnAce86 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:31 pm

KWA M4RIS
Novak NeXt M1911 .45
Betty the Shanker
http://www.facebook.com/christopher.cutshall
CapnAce86

Postby swimmerboy15 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:22 pm

KWA with a 509mm+ barrel (I would ONLY 6.03) will out perform just about anything. I was actually just over at my friends house and he has a CA M24 shooting around 450fps with .3s and He was of course out ranging me because he is running a finely tuned $600+ sniper but he wasnt out ranging me by much. Also after A LOT of testing different barrels and ammo types and religiously recording data and comparing results the best I have found SO FAR is a 6.03 barrel (I use madbull) and G&G ammo (I have only used .28s but the range is almost exactly the same as KSC .25s within about 5 or 10ft). Get a 2GX bucking or madbull if you are on a budget and you could squeak out a KWA on Evike if you use the 15% off coupon code
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

"Our goal is not to get to Hell fast, only to make sure it is crowded when we get there"
swimmerboy15

Postby Matthias » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Don't bother with longer barrel, that + silencer is a waste of money, M14 is a good choice, but take a CYMA over an Echo1, Echo1 rebrands the Kart M14 and it is not as good internally (I have worked on both). The Cyma M14 is better all around and can take pretty much any upgrade part you throw at it, one of my friends has one and it is shooting around 400fps and is outranging almost every other fully auto rifle out there.

Get a nice tightbore, .25 or .28 BB's, a decent hopup bucking and up the FPS a bit, that will give you one excellent rifle.
Matthias

Postby reloaded recon4 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:06 am

Thanks sounds like a plan but i'm split between that and getting a Matrix B.A.R. which with a couple extras is right at my price range.Is it any good?
reloaded recon4

Postby Matthias » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:29 pm

Don't bother with it... I haven't heard much but you likely will not be able to upgrade or repair it easily if at all.
Matthias

Postby reloaded recon4 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Wow im really changin my mind a lot lol UTG MK96 in OD.Any good?
reloaded recon4

Postby Matthias » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:49 pm

Not without a significant amount of money in upgrades. The M14 really is your best bet, or at least another "common" Aeg.
Matthias

Postby vulrath » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:06 pm

vulrath

Postby reloaded recon4 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:13 am

Yeah i know upgrades upgrades upgrades.I think I can do it though
reloaded recon4

Postby Matthias » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:16 am

Its all a matter of how much you are willing to spend, but if you can do it more power to you
Matthias

Postby reloaded recon4 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:19 pm

I'm having a hard time finding upgrades.links?asgi
reloaded recon4

Postby vulrath » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:23 pm

If you're looking for L96 upgrades, Airsoft Atlanta's got most of what you need (they have at least enough to get you started).
vulrath

Postby SPECS » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:15 pm

I dont want to start a new discussion is this gun for a sniper and if the situation calls for it a assault weapon?
SPECS

Next

Return to Sniper Rifles