[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - cylinder Kit Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

cylinder Kit

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

cylinder Kit

Postby SSGSPEEDMAN » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:51 am

This is for my ops L96.
Trying to find the best cylinder kit which one would be best?

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/airsoft_P ... /66297.htm

what does HD and VC mean?
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/product_p/66226.htm

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/product_p/66225.htm

here another one
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/product_p/66228.htm

Thanks in advance
Kevin

SSGSPEEDMAN

Re: cylinder Kit

Postby vulrath » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:21 pm

I don't remember what HD stands for (I think "high density" but don't quote me on that). VC stands for "vacuum cylinder".

Quite frankly, just replace the piston, spring and guide, and call it a day. The stock cylinder is unexpectedly sturdy (mine has been going strong since I got the gun in the summer of '08 (when I started upgrading), and it worked fine stock for the previous owner, who purchased it in the summer of '07), and should last quite a while. I had problems with my first aftermarket piston, spring guide, hop up chamber, and scope rail, but not with my stock cylinder.

That said, if you want to replace the cylinder with a PDI, you're going to have to replace the piston with the appropriate one (you need to match the vacuum piston with the vacuum cylinder, and so on, if I remember right). Its honestly cheaper and much less confusing to replace the piston and head with Laylax parts, then get a higher-power spring, and get a metal spring guide (really, the spring guide is optional; the original one is pretty awesome).
vulrath

Return to Sniper Rifles