[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - looking for the ulimate sniper rifle Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

looking for the ulimate sniper rifle

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

looking for the ulimate sniper rifle

Postby armagedon » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Hey this is Dilan from Airsoft Armagedon and im wondering what the ultimate sniper rifle is...from the dragunov to the berret 50 cal.I want any1 who knows something about airsoft to write their ULTIMATE sniper rifle whether its discontinued or not i want your opinion.Thanks and i hope there will be alot of replys.

armagedon

Re: looking for the ulimate sniper rifle

Postby Jackalope » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:13 am

Prob a tanka m700 with hpa
formerly known as mtcjustin
Jackalope

Postby Matthias » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:24 pm

No such thing.
Matthias

Postby Stalker » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:44 pm

Ich Vergewaltigung Sie mit einer Schaufel.
Stalker

Postby reloaded recon4 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:37 am

The best will be the most expensive.http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=30240 for rich people,people dedicated to airsoft,or who have no life :lol:
reloaded recon4

Postby vulrath » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:49 pm

That behemoth is nowhere near the "best." It's big, heavy, and awkward (not to mention that performance is really lacking). I know a lot of people think "heavier is better," and I'm not one of them. I believe in function over form, and if the damned thing weighs near 20lbs, then there's no way I can do my job effectively.

Price shouldn't matter with the base gun, but rather after upgrades have been purchased and installed. I've seen plenty of people turn craptastic $100 rifles into tack drivers that are accurate out to 300-350 feet (or further).

The "best" will vary from person to person, as each sniper builds his rifle to his own specs, thereby customizing it to fill certain specific requirements, and body style preferences will change from person to person. This is why I say that everyone who wants to snipe should learn their weapon inside and out.
vulrath

Postby reloaded recon4 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Thats true.I havent owned the gun and prob. never will but i was thinking the more expensive it is the better the internals are.
reloaded recon4

Postby vulrath » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:25 pm

Not necessarily true; usually when you build a sniper rifle you end up replacing most (if not all) of the rifle's internals anyway, so as long as it's got decent upgrade parts available you're golden no matter what the internals.
vulrath

Postby privatemann » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:45 pm

i personaly have an AGM L96 right out of the box it was shooting around 400 ive had it nearly 4 years and it still works in perfect form, and i thik that if ur gonna get a sniper rifle it should have a decent fps rating, it needs to be rugged, and most of all accurate.

of course the main point being that u need a rifle that fits you the way it needs to, dont go and buy a $700 gun just to say hey check it out lol, get a gun for functionality not looks.

but in my opinion i love my L96 shes served me well for a while now and im sure shell keep kicking for some time to come great rifle check it out.
so they've got us surrounded, good now we can fire in any direction.

AGM L96 (3x9-44mm)

WE baby hi capa 3.8
privatemann

Postby USBWL » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:16 am

*** BANNED ***.

Noobie gun list:
Custom Inokatsu Zastava M92 Carbine
Custom Prime LR-300ML (FOR SALE)
Custom KSC USP Compact
Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle
Western Arms Wilson Combat TSGC
USBWL

Postby swimmerboy15 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 am

first of all there is a Tanaka M700 with an HPA system for all those who said there wasnt one. its called the Mantis Sniper System. ive seen them a few different places before but i knew parafrog had one on there website so ill just give you that link.

http://stores.parafrogairsoft.com/-strs ... Detail.bok

I myself am building a Classic Army SR-25 (URX type) that (if comparable to Vince's) will be shooting 100yards on a man sized target. if you want a list of internals needed PM me
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

"Our goal is not to get to Hell fast, only to make sure it is crowded when we get there"
swimmerboy15

Postby vulrath » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:05 am

Or, if you're not willing to shell out over $2000+, you could build and tune your own Tanaka (I'd actually go with the G&G G96 and just change out the stocks, which I should be able to do with a couple of donor parts from my KJW, if I need them at all; I've heard that real steel parts work decently in the Tanaka and its clones).
vulrath

Postby swimmerboy15 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:16 am

oh yea agreed there. i wouldnt even think about shelling out that kind of money for that gun but i was just pointing out that there is a Tanaka M700 with an HPA system. you can build a lot better rifles than that for a fraction of the cost
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

"Our goal is not to get to Hell fast, only to make sure it is crowded when we get there"
swimmerboy15

Return to Sniper Rifles