[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - HPA bar 10? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

HPA bar 10?

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

HPA bar 10?

Postby Fridge Gnome » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:44 am

Is there anywhere to get 8mm tightbore barrels?

Last edited by Fridge Gnome on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fridge Gnome

Re: 8mm barrels?

Postby Death » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:36 am

Tanio Koba makes a few, not tightbores but they are 8mm.
Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...

Bad information spreads like cancer...
Death

Postby xandman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:36 pm

Contact EDGI and see if they can do one. You might also wanna contact someone in the Classic world that can cut LRB barrels and see if they can do you one.
Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , 名誉 , 尊重 , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby Fridge Gnome » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:30 pm

I will ask EDGI, but for my purpose the twist barrel would be useless.

What kind of range/accuracy does 8mm bbs have?
Fridge Gnome

Postby xandman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:32 pm

Leader of team "yakuza"
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
xandman

Postby Fridge Gnome » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:13 am

I was thinking a m1 sniper, but I have been reading they are not as good.
Fridge Gnome

Postby Xephyr » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:51 am

8mm rifles will never get the range that a 6mm will, simply because they dissipate energy and velocity faster than their smaller counterparts. Not only that, but as Xandman has already said, a lot of 8mm is either fixed or no hop. To build off of that point, to my knowledge, no company makes a 'hard' bucking needed for higher fps play for 8mm barrels, because the few that I have worked with that do have adjustable hop work completely differently than the 6mm crowd.
Former professional gun tech. I give free repair and upgrade advice. PM me with any questions or issues.
Xephyr

Postby Fridge Gnome » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:27 am

alright, well to change the topic, could I turn a king arms vsr-10 gas bolt into hpa?, it looked like I would need to cut some of the reciever for the hose, but other than that would I run into any other problems?
Fridge Gnome

Re: HPA bar 10?

Postby Xephyr » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:27 am

um... I... suppose you could with enough work.

But then you run into the fact that it's a drop-in gas bolt system. Which I've never seen any of them that work well.

If you're wanting a gas (or HPA/Co2 rig) sniper, get a KJW or Tanaka. Seriously. See here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17845
Former professional gun tech. I give free repair and upgrade advice. PM me with any questions or issues.
Xephyr

Postby Fridge Gnome » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:02 pm

I would do that, but I already have a upgraded bar 10.

So what would not work with the gas bolt?
Fridge Gnome

Postby xandman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Leader of team "yakuza"
xandman

Return to Sniper Rifles