[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - KJW M700 & HPA System Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

KJW M700 & HPA System

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

KJW M700 & HPA System

Postby Oven Gnome » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:26 pm

Straight up question: is the gun good? How much are HPA systems?

Oven Gnome

Re: KJW M700 & HPA System

Postby Xephyr » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:06 pm

The gun can run you $100-200 depending on new/used.

A good HPA/Co2 will run you another $150-250 or so total.

It's a clone of the Tanaka system. I cannot speak on the KJW's quality, but the Tanaka system is very, very nice. It will need a little work (like any other sniper--bucking, barrel, etc) before it will be a solid sniping setup.
Former professional gun tech. I give free repair and upgrade advice. PM me with any questions or issues.
Xephyr

Re: KJW M700 & HPA System

Postby vulrath » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:50 pm

The KJW, while having its flaws (as all sniper rifles do out of the box), is a very viable platform for a sniper rifle. I own one, and while mine has its quirks (it shoots in a corkscrew because it needs a new hop up bucking and chamber), before my gun got damaged, it worked really well.

To start off, you're going to need to replace the inner barrel and hop up bucking as soon as you get it. The stock barrel has a 6.10mm inner diameter, and the stock bucking is just terrible. I suggest a Nineball bucking and an Edgi barrel (you can get one that's the right size for the gun, or you can get one that's a little longer; stock barrel length is 628mm). I personally have a King Arms bucking (hate it with a passion) and a Madbull barrel that's been modified to take VSR-10 buckings (though apparently the PSG-1 style barrels already sport the right cuts). This should run you anywhere from $50 (for a Nineball bucking and Madbull barrel) - over 120 (for a Nineball bucking and an Edgi barrel). You will be delighted to hear that while the Tanaka needs the King Arms/2ROY hop conversion, the KJW does NOT, due to the fact that it already takes VSR-style buckings out of the box.

Then you're going to need to drill and tap the mags for CO2 or HPA (your choice; there's very little difference between the two as far as our guns are concerned because of the small amount of gas used each time you shoot when compared to the amount used to shoot a paintball gun - it's not enough to bring out the inconsistencies in CO2). I'd provide a link to the guide I used when I did mine the first time (also what I used when I first built my CO2 rig the first time around), but I can't seem to get on ASF right now. My old rig (I'm about to condense my rig down and hang it on the side of my gun's stock) cost me about $125.

I also suggest replacing the striker spring with the G&G one. That should run you about $5 before shipping (buy it with the bucking; apparently AirsoftExtreme has both).

You're also going to need a good scope for it. I suggest the Leapers Golden Image 3-9x40 rubberized scope. I'm about to buy one for each sniper rifle I own because they're so nice. They run about $60 a piece (worth every penny; I handled one a while back that a friend had before they had created the "Golden Image" line and stuck that one under that name).

For the record, I ended up spending a grand total of $515 on my rifle (including the base rifle, which cost $215 from Airsplat).
vulrath

Return to Sniper Rifles