[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - KJWorks M700 TBB & Bucking...What's The Skinny Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

KJWorks M700 TBB & Bucking...What's The Skinny

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Re: KJWorks M700 TBB & Bucking...What's The Skinny

Postby vulrath » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:44 am

Yep, mine does it too.

vulrath

Postby DRAGON64 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:57 am

I really like this rifle, and the looseness of the bolt, so far, is the only issue that makes it feel kinda cheap... but it does little to deter me from ever buying one again, as I would in a heart beat!
DRAGON64

Postby DRAGON64 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:27 am

So I got a wild hair to go ahead and try to install some of the upgardes in my rifle last night...big mistake

1st off, I ordered the striker arm and plunger set, that comes with the hammer and spring that goes in the bolt. The spring seems way to tight, and the new hammer would not even fit in the bolt. I installed the spring, and now the trigger and bolt hit really hard when the trigger is pulled...

2nd, I was installing one of the two striker arm/plunger sets into my mag, and that little "C" clip that retains the spring on the plunger sprung off when I tried to install it, and was never seen again.

Waiting to go and try to locate a replacement mini "C" clip so I can get my rifle up and running again...and I may put the old spring back in the bolt.

Anyone else installed this upgrade on their KJW? What did you do differently?
DRAGON64

Postby vulrath » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:47 am

I have the upgraded striker spring in my gun. It hits much harder than it did previously. It's also 100% more consistent. The old spring may be longer, but this one will hold up better to wear and tear.

The knock arm and plunger set is something I've been meaning to pick up for a while now, I just don't seem to have the cash any more whenever I look at it. It's a durability upgrade, and complements the striker spring really well, since now there's no striker plate to get deformed. Just make sure to use the "L" shaped piece that came out of your mag and not the one that came in the kit.
vulrath

Postby Xephyr » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:05 am

Former professional gun tech. I give free repair and upgrade advice. PM me with any questions or issues.
Xephyr

Postby DRAGON64 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:50 am

Okay, I installed the new striker piston into the magazine, and tried to install the new 'L' shaped piece, and both have issues:

1) The striker piston or plunger, is long. So long that when I do get the mag loaded into the rifle, it puffs out some gas.

2) The 'L' shaped piece was not cut for my KJW, for when installed, it would allow the gas valve to stay open, allowing all of the gas to leak out immediately.

I re-installed the stock 'L' shape, and I may shave down the plunger a bit so the magazine will install better into the rifle.

Currently, with the magaine and the newer tighter bolt spring installed, the performance sux. BB's travel 60 feet or so, and the drop off. It has been more than a week since I have messed with the KJW, but I have plan to get it right this weekend. I need to get the magazine fixed, so I can get the tight bore and new bucking installed.
DRAGON64

Postby vulrath » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:40 am

If you can't get it figured out, I'd suggest asking over on ASF. There's a good chance that Brainplay will help you.

Also, check your seals and the tightness on the screw on the bolt that the spring is on. Probably something you've done, but you should do it again since those are most commonly what's to blame.
vulrath

Previous

Return to Sniper Rifles