[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - KJWorks M700 TBB & Bucking...What's The Skinny Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

KJWorks M700 TBB & Bucking...What's The Skinny

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

KJWorks M700 TBB & Bucking...What's The Skinny

Postby DRAGON64 » Sun May 02, 2010 1:54 pm

I'm not looking to put an HPA in this.

I have searched till I am blue in the face for the tightbore barrell, and hop-up bucking that every website says that you need to replace, in order to make this rifle a semi-contender. But the information is all over the place as to what you actually replace these items with. So, I have found the following items, that for all intents and purposes, should work:

1) Mad Bull Black Python 6.03 PSG-1 650mm barrell $30 at EVIKE

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=24377

2)............. for the life of me, I cannot nail down a replacement bucking.

Evike has a factory "improved" Hop Up Bucking, but, would the new rifles not come with this already installed?

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=26183

So I ask, what is the skinny on a nice TBB and Bucking for the KJWorks M700. Please don't say get a 6.01 barrell and a vsr bucking because that leaves interpritation wide open for a range of products...I need specific part numbers and descriptions of said products... "Purdy Please"

As for the HPA... I'm sure it rocks, and you can kick my fanny all over the field with yours, but one of the reasons I never joined the paintball crowd, was the goofy tank and plumbing that so detracted away from realism... I only need one shot, right?

DRAGON64

Re: KJWorks M700 TBB & Bucking...What's The Skinny

Postby leco510 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:16 pm

For the TBB, you need a VSR-10 cut barrel. That Mad Bull is cut for AEG's. The cut for VSR-10's looks like . makes a 6.01 bull barrel specifically for the KJW M700. ASGI also stocks a supposedly cut specifically for the KJ. IMO 6.01's aren't necessarily the best, but I do also think that within that 6.01-6.05 (and maybe 6.08) range, there won't be massive differences in accuracy (with hop-up on). I believe that the two best options would be either PDI or Laylax. PDI is first on my list for barrel manufacturers. Both seem to go to great lengths to make great barrels. PDI has a barrel cut for the VSR-10 (554mm) in and . PDI actually claims that their most accurate barrel is a 6.08 bore, which confirms (to me) my thoughts on bore. shows that you can attain some great range with the PDI 6.01. Laylax also makes Vsr-10 cuts in and . If you do choose one of the shorter barrels, however, I think that an adapter is needed. I believe that the black piece of is it. Vulrath might know for sure.

As for the buckings, the and seem to be the most common in the upgraded Tanaka M700's. The above video utilizes the KA one. From what I can gather from that evike description, that "Improved factory" bucking is the stock bucking.

Now a quick attempt to convince you on HPA. You may only need one shot, but are you going to necessarily make the most of that one shot if you don't necessarily know where it is going to go? IMO consistency is the name of the game. You can have a gun that shoots 550 w/.89's, or one that shoots 500ft, but what good does it do you if there is no sort of consistent flight path? Going with an HPA rig would allow you to maintain (most) of the realism, and receive the consistency and adjustability of an HPA rig. Just be prepared to swap CO2.

I know it's alot, but I hope at least some helped. Note: I know that I used sites from overseas, and used links to places that didn't have it in stock, but I figured something is better than nothing.

He's climbin in your windows, he's snatchin your people up....
leco510

Postby vulrath » Sun May 02, 2010 11:25 pm

The thing about the Madbull barrels is that if you get a PSG-1 cut barrel, it's ready cut to take VSR buckings. I didn't know this, and cut an AEG barrel in the appropriate place with a Dremel. I'd also go with a 6.03 bore, as that seems to give me the best results.

I'd stay away from KA right now. Ever since I installed mine I've had nothing but problems. Go with the Nineball VSR bucking instead. I have one in my pistol, and if what I saw there holds true for the M700, then we could have a real winner there.
vulrath

Postby DRAGON64 » Mon May 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Great information, thank you very much!!

Question; is the KJWorks M700 a worthy platform when upgraded, even without HPA?
DRAGON64

Postby vulrath » Mon May 03, 2010 1:32 pm

It's alright, as long as you give it enough time between shots for the temperature (and thus pressure) to stabilize between shots (probably about 10-20 seconds). The HPA, though, completely eliminates this need.
vulrath

Postby DRAGON64 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:37 pm

I have seen many posts saying to get the Tanaka 30 rnd magazine because it fits the KJW M700, yet the EVIKE website specifically states that it does not...? Brain Spin!
DRAGON64

Postby leco510 » Mon May 03, 2010 2:10 pm

Everyone I have spoken with says that the 30 rounders are tight, but with some sanding (or use) they're fine.

leco510

Postby vulrath » Mon May 03, 2010 7:16 pm

vulrath

Postby DRAGON64 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:59 pm

DRAGON64

Postby vulrath » Mon May 03, 2010 8:10 pm

If you're willing to wait for it to get here, then I suggest going to UNCompany and grabbing a Nineball VSR bucking. Since it's lighter, it shouldn't be too much in the shipping department, or you can pick up the magazine there to make it worth the effort (I know I have a rule about paying more for shipping than the actual item I ordered).
vulrath

Postby DRAGON64 » Tue May 04, 2010 7:42 am

DRAGON64

Postby vulrath » Tue May 04, 2010 8:22 am

I'm about to start rebuilding my rig in a month or so, but this is what it currently looks like.

Here it is as it would be if I were on the field.

In the gun, I have:

Madbull tightbore (650mm; stock length is 629mm, so I had to add a silencer adapter)
KA silencer adapter (Dremeled the lip off to accommodate the silencer
KA MBSS silencer (foam-filled, of course)
G&G striker spring
KA VSR bucking (about to be replaced with a Nineball; most of the problems I've had with this gun started when I first put this in)
Tanaka 29-rd magazine

In the current rig, I have:

9oz CO2 tank
some coiled hose that I bought from Palmer's Pursuit Shop
1/8NPT fittings all around, but I made sure to have a quick-disconnect at the magazine
Cheap eBay regulator (says it can take CO2 or HPA, but I only use CO2)

New rig will have the hose replaced with Macroline, and the fittings will be changed accordingly. I'll also be ditching the 9oz tank and switching to a CO2 powerlet adapter, and carry both the rig and extra powerlets with me in a pouch on the stock. I'm also replacing the stock with a real-steel Ram-Line synthetic stock for the R700 BDL short-action whenever I get the cash.
vulrath

Postby leco510 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:10 am

Just curious vulrath, what issues have you been having with the KA bucking?

leco510

Postby vulrath » Tue May 04, 2010 9:25 am

Ever since I installed it, my rifle has been having consistency & accuracy issues, and shooting in a clockwise spiral.
vulrath

Postby DRAGON64 » Fri May 07, 2010 7:07 am

Looks like the KJW M700 still has quite an appeal based on how often us noobs keep creating new threads for it. I'm sure price is the biggest attraction, it is for me...

Researching and researching, here is my list of what I would like to accomplish, should I go forth with the KJW M700:

(1) KJW M700P from - Evike $195
(1) Tanaka 29 rd mag - Evike $85
(1) AIM 2-7X32 Scope - EVIKE $50
(1)**KA Bucking - EVIKE $15
(1) G&G Gas Route Spring - ASGI $6
(1) Masamune 6.03 TBB X 640mm long - ASGI $31
(1) G&G Rubber Set - ASGI $17 (awful pricey for use of only one of the three pieces...)
(1) G&G Striker Spring - ASGI $6

**trying to get all my purchase from venders that have free shipping...and they seem to be out of all of the buckings I have been told to try for this rifle.

Questionable purchases:

(1) G&G Knock Arm and plunger kit for the KJW magazine - ASGI $20 (does the Tanaka mag get one to?)

Possible HPA system (still researching)
DRAGON64

Next

Return to Sniper Rifles