[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Sniper/DM Competition? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Sniper/DM Competition?

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Sniper/DM Competition?

Postby DRAGON64 » Sun May 16, 2010 5:33 pm

If you could get enough Sniper's together, what kind of marksman competition could/would you hold? Snipers and Designated Marksman only of course...

I'm just asking, not really presenting any sort of a scenario here... although I would mention that I see this as an event where we would not shoot each other, but rather against each other in competition.

DRAGON64

Re: Sniper/DM Competition?

Postby DRAGON64 » Mon May 17, 2010 4:53 am

Strange, I got nearly this same amount of replies at the Alabama forums... I guess all sniper skills are kept secret among it's palyers(?) No one wants to show how good they really are...

Are there any dedicated sniper teams in the Southeast?
DRAGON64

Postby TankScout » Mon May 17, 2010 5:34 am

There was a show on the Military Channel a while back that I think was called "Top Sniper" or something to that effect. It seemed to not be particularly specific to the skills of either military or police snipers, but rather was a compromise between the two. There was a lot of moving to designated points and engaging designated targets which meant that every team was covering the same terrain while engaging the same targets. To go military style there would need to be a course of objectives to take out or report on with a cadre of OPFOR that looks for the snipers.

The waiting game (I mean the many hours waiting) that is so much a part of the sniper role would have to be eliminated for the most part for a competition IMHO. However, the skills of efficient movement, marksmanship, target acquisition, and communication between partners can still be assessed with the two courses I mentioned earlier.
Echo Company
Wannabe Sniper/DM
I don't care how cool you think you are...unless you have stormtrooper armor.
There's tough, and there's internet forum tough!
TankScout

Postby ShadowWolf1 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:11 pm

Day 1

0600-0645: Sign in, Pace count confirmation, Zeroing weapons and P.C.I. on gear.

0645-0700: Safety Briefing

0700-1400: Phase 1 Marksmanship

1400-1800: Phase 2 Land Navigation

Day 2

0600-0700: Check in and prep

0700-1200: Phase 3 Spotting and Range Estimation

1200-1400: Phase 4 S.A.L.U.T.E. Report

1400-1800: Phase 5 Communication and Target acquisition

Day 3

0600-0700: Check in and Prep

0700-1800: Phase 6 Stalking and engagement

Sign in- Name and team

Pace count- 50 Meters

Zeroing weapon- 100ft

P.C.I.- Layout and gear check/Rifle info-Brand, model, FPS, and Modifications

Safety- Weather, dangers to be aware of

Marksmanship- 50ft-300ft Range

Prone- 50rds

Kneeling- 50rds

Standing- 50rds

Modified- 50rds

Stress- 50rds

Land Navigation- Find 12 points in 4 hours

Spotting And Range Estimation- Find 10 out of 12 items at different ranges with the use of scope or bino's

S.A.L.U.T.E. Report- Remain unseen and report accurately activity in a designated area

Communication and Target acquisition- While separated Spotter will find a designated

target and lead the Sniper to a safe and concealed firing position. Sniper has 1 shot

to eliminate a designated target.

Stalking and Engagement- Sniper team must move from SP to a concealed firing position

and eliminated a designated target then move to a safe zone with out discovery or capture.

((Team will use a radio to communicate enemy activity, give updates on position, and call the shot during this operation))
ShadowWolf1

Postby redneckemt » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:59 am

Try Miss. Airsoft. They've done some Sniper/Dm Comp's.
redneckemt

Postby 82dcustomer » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:10 am

I have hosted the Sniper Competition the last three years in NC. We will be having the 4th Annual one in April of 2011.

We usually have land nav, range estimation, primary shooting, secondary shooting, endurance run, cold bore shots, memory exercises under stress, and a stalk phase. This usually lasts all day and has been great fun for participants and production alike. We try to do interesting things like shoot from vehicles, buildings and any other type of practical shooting we can do.
82dcustomer

Postby DRAGON64 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:43 am

DRAGON64

Postby flemingpo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:11 am

Well, In all this Sniper/DM Competition is really great event and many of us really likes it. I am looking for world's best competition rifles as with there descriptions and images. I found that rifles used in competitions are really awesome and competitors likes it.

flemingpo

Return to Sniper Rifles