[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - UTG M324 Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

UTG M324

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

UTG M324

Postby Airsoftplayer865 » Mon May 17, 2010 5:49 pm

Would this be a good starter base gun for sniping? I'm not going to be sniping 100% of the time but I don't want to get a very bad sniper rifle.

Echo 1 MP5K PDW (soon to be dsg)
G&G GR15 XL(high speed)
Airsoftplayer865

Re: UTG M324

Postby Matthias » Mon May 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Nope, just nope. Get a BAR 10.
Matthias

Postby DRAGON64 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:24 am

About the only way to find a BAR-10 is to surf the bone yards of the various venders, and buy up the broken rifles...most people upgrade them completely anyways. AirsoftGI has them from time to time (3 in the last two weeks). Airsoftmegastore has an inoperable one now for $67.
DRAGON64

Postby vulrath » Tue May 18, 2010 8:38 am

The UTG M324 is possibly one of the worst sniper rifles out there. It's completely non-upgradeable. Get yourself a good BAR-10 (or any VSR clone, for that matter), or a UTG L96 (both have equal upgrade potential).

If this is going to be your first gun, I'd wait until you know for sure you want to snipe before you commit to buying one. The cost for the base gun may be fairly cheap, but the upgrades aren't (and believe me, they are necessary, because without them, any Average Joe player with a cheap AEG could easily outrange me, and what's the point of a sniper rifle that can't hit anything?). I myself have spent over $500 in upgrades on my own UTG, and I still need to pay about $200 more when my trigger finally gives out.
vulrath

Postby Airsoftplayer865 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:25 am

Well this is not my first airsoft gun I have an Echo 1 mp5k pdw and a TM m733 Commando and I was thinking about getting the sniper and see how I like it and if I didn't my friend would buy it from me. If I did like it I would be willing to put down some money for it and I was probably going to go with the UTG L96. Thanks for all the help.
Echo 1 MP5K PDW (soon to be dsg)
G&G GR15 XL(high speed)
Airsoftplayer865

Postby DRAGON64 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:45 am

DRAGON64

Postby vulrath » Tue May 18, 2010 11:58 am

I'm saying, go with one you can upgrade, if you're going to buy one. I actually recommend going to a local field and seeing if you can borrow one for a couple of skirmishes, but if you're going to buy one to test the waters, so to speak, there's no need to spend more money than necessary (you'll need that extra money to get the gun up to par once you know its for you).

And Dragon, the UTG is essentially the same thing as the WELL. You won't regret picking one up.
vulrath

Postby Oven Gnome » Mon May 24, 2010 6:07 pm

If the Well is basiclly the UTG, does it have same upgrade compatability? Just wondering...
Oven Gnome

Postby vulrath » Mon May 24, 2010 6:31 pm

Absolutely the same, which is the same as if it were a Maruzen (both are clones of the Maruzen, so they'll take all upgrades for the Maruzen).
vulrath

Postby DRAGON64 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:58 am

DRAGON64

Return to Sniper Rifles