[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - M24 Replicas Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

M24 Replicas

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Re: M24 Replicas

Postby Oven Gnome » Fri May 21, 2010 4:13 am

Oven Gnome

Postby leco510 » Fri May 21, 2010 5:41 am

That's what I mean. If you are going all out with the upgrades, you will be replacing those parts save for the hop-up unit. And don't go for the power parts first. I made that mistake with my G36, and now I have a gun that would shoot amazing, but the lack of upgrades to the barrel and hop-up keep it shooting with average range and accuracy.

He's climbin in your windows, he's snatchin your people up....
leco510

Postby Fridge Gnome » Fri May 21, 2010 5:25 pm

Have you completely crossed the bar 10 off the list? Or if you need to have somthing diffrent the vsr? It's not a bad sniper. And I can install parts in it.
Fridge Gnome

Postby Oven Gnome » Fri May 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Oven Gnome

Postby leco510 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:54 pm

The G-spec barrel does not extend through the suppressor. IMO extending it through the suppressor might prove to be pointless over just getting a better barrel in the stock length... I think that after ~300mm, you don't actually gain a great amount of accuracy... I have a plan to test it but the lack of funds has kept me from doing it. Do what you want though... It's just a theory I want to test.

leco510

Postby Oven Gnome » Sat May 22, 2010 6:57 am

Oven Gnome

Postby leco510 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:50 am

Or does it? One would think so, but is it necessarily true? Again, it is just a hunch. I can't actually prove it, but it is just an observation I have made. (BTW, are you sure that all of those effects are from the fact that it is longer, or just better quality. I believe that latter of the two is your case) The sniper rifle cylinders are the same way, except they aren't ported like AEG ones. Some people short stroke their piston in order to match the barrel length. I believe that the VSR's cylinder is fine until the high 500's(mm), in which case PDI does make a bore-up cylinder kit.

leco510

Postby vulrath » Sat May 22, 2010 7:20 pm

vulrath

Postby Oven Gnome » Sun May 23, 2010 5:31 am

Oven Gnome

Postby Fridge Gnome » Sun May 23, 2010 6:22 am

Oven, you installed a longer tightbore over the stock barrel, the tightbore is the main accuracy increase there.

Also, if you get the normal version you can put a silencer on it, so you can have a even longer barrel, if that is what you want.
Fridge Gnome

Postby Oven Gnome » Sun May 23, 2010 6:19 pm

Oven Gnome

Postby leco510 » Sun May 23, 2010 8:47 pm

Why wouldn't it be? One would think that a longer barrel would be more accurate, but I have not found that to be the case. I have compared the performance of a 253mm to a 590mm barrel... Both were systema 6.04mm Barrels. Both guns were shooting ~280fps with the same BB. The only difference was the fact that one was in an AR, and one was in a G36 (both KWA too). The both shot the same. Unfortunately the second gun was not mine, so more precise testing could not be carried out. While I don't think this was an end-all-be-all test, it did plant the seed. Then, I began reading some ASR threads about the matter and found out that others also share my thoughts on barrel length. What really got me wanting to test this, and re-enforced my thoughts further was . While I won't take this as fact until a video is posted, it does re-enforce my ideas. (for those of you who don't want to read it, he is claiming 280ft. accurate using a 303mm barrel). I do not, however, believe that this 100% replicates how it would turn out in an AEG or Sniper rifle, as the outer and inner barrel aren't quite as secure in KWA Usps. While this isn't definitive (Why I don't state it as fact) it is something. I would like to test it in the future with two I dentically rigged KJW M700's (One, with the longer IB will be the one I build first and will be more traditional, while the other with the shorter IB will be a "concept" build per-say... leaning toward airsoft performance rather than realism). Don't expect to see it too soon though. Finally, has anyone actually proven that longer TBB's are more accurate? As far as I know nobody has. It's just like barrel bore. Tighter isn't necessarily better, and that IS proven. The difference in accuracy between, say, a 6.03 and a 6.01 are minimal, however. While we are listing common misconceptions, it is also similar to saying that guns that are "full metal" will always be better than the plastic ones... While this is true in some cases, it isn't necessarily true.

leco510

Postby Fridge Gnome » Tue May 25, 2010 4:53 am

After a certain point, a longer barrel will have minimal effect on your accuracy, so technically, yes, you do get more accuracy out of a M16 length tightbore, but it is only marginally better than a M4 tightbore. The bar 10s barrel is only slightly longer than and M4 barrel, and is actually shorter than an m16 barrel.
Fridge Gnome

Previous

Return to Sniper Rifles