[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - M24 Replicas Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

M24 Replicas

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

M24 Replicas

Postby Oven Gnome » Tue May 18, 2010 3:41 pm

What would be a good M24 replica rifle? The CA M24 looks good, but what's the difference between the military and civilian type rifles? In my opinion, what could I do to get a rifle shooting 480fps (around that; 450 is fine too) for around $500-$600?

P.S: I've looked and the companies I've seen these: Well, CA, Marui, maybe Maruzen(?), SOCOM Gear, JG, TSD.

Oven Gnome

Re: M24 Replicas

Postby leco510 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:46 pm

As far as M24's are concerned, I believe than you only have CA (Military = fluted barrel, Civilian = non-fluted barrel), CAW (Haven't seen one in stock anywhere), Tanaka, and PDI (also haven't seen one in stock anywhere)... Those are proper M24's. If you didn't care about the adjustable stock, you could probably get close with one of the many VSR-10/M700's... It would mostly come down to what system you want to go with. The CA, CAW, and PDI M24's are all using the Maruzen APS-2 system, the Tanaka (and clones) use the Tanaka M700 system, and the VSR's, of couse, use the VSR-10 system. All three will easily handle 450-480 fps (.20's I am assuming). All have a plethora of parts available. The black sheep of the 3 is the Tanaka (and clones) because they use gas. IMO, with regulated air, they are better than spring rifles. It would be easier if you decided on which "system" you like more, and maybe even what base gun you want to use.

He's climbin in your windows, he's snatchin your people up....
leco510

Postby BravoLion1 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:51 pm

Just A Stock CA M24 is nice doesn't matter which model you get only difference is the outer barrel like leco said. I have had mine for just a little while and its amazing straight out of the box with .25s i think it was shooting over 510 fps but i use .30s
BravoLion1

Postby Oven Gnome » Wed May 19, 2010 5:48 am

Im not looking for a gas sniper (expensive mags+gas=bye bye $$$), but just the "classic" spring. If you dont mind, would you make a list of spring snipers? Right now, Im just looking at a good starter sniper, but getting something good outa box AND upgradable (easily) would be nice. As of now, I dont wanna spend more than $500 for it, since it IS my beginner rifle.
Oven Gnome

Postby Oven Gnome » Wed May 19, 2010 5:48 am

Im not looking for a gas sniper (expensive mags+gas=bye bye $$$), but just the "classic" spring. If you dont mind, would you make a list of spring snipers? Right now, Im just looking at a good starter sniper, but getting something good outa box AND upgradable (easily) would be nice. As of now, I dont wanna spend more than $500 for it, since it IS my beginner rifle.
Oven Gnome

Postby Xephyr » Wed May 19, 2010 7:39 am

Before you decide on a spring rifle, find someone who has a Bar-10 or VSR or whatever shooting 500+ and pull the spring back a few times. Be sure to try to do it while prone/kneeling/etc. Then imagine doing it a few dozen times per game.

Then go shoot a gas sniper a few times.

Gas isn't as expensive as you think. Just sayin'.
Former professional gun tech. I give free repair and upgrade advice. PM me with any questions or issues.
Xephyr

Postby Oven Gnome » Wed May 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Iv'e already used a friend's sniper and it shoot about 540fps. It is hard at first, nut it got easier after about 2 mags. At about 480ish, it will easyish.

From my point of view (I'm young, only work summer and school breaks), gas and gas mags wil be alot. I don't know about you but I'd rather not. :?
Oven Gnome

Postby leco510 » Wed May 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Spring M24's: Classic Army
Spring M700's/Vsr-10's: TM, Well, Socom Gear, JG, and AGM.

For a starter gun (Spring)that you can upgrade, go with the JG. If you are willing to spend more on the base gun, then go TM. Before you go for power, however, get your Hop-up /barrel components squared away. Let's say you choose the Bar-10 normal version (Cheap, and close to the M24), I would buy: 2x mags, Nine-ball bucking, a PDI or laylax barrel (based on the amount of money you want to spend... I factored in a Laylax 430mm), some Laylax Barrel Spacers, (it is explained ), and finally a PDI spring for your desired velocity. All parts can be found from Airsoft Atlanta, but aren't necessarily in stock. That leaves you about 41$ to put toward something like the PDI V-trigger, or a bipod. Please note that you can also do the same thing with Laylax parts, I just chose PDI.

leco510

Postby BravoLion1 » Wed May 19, 2010 5:57 pm

I agree with leco's list of snipers but i wouldn't go with the JG for your first gun just saying but this is for sure you want to snipe i would go with a TM or the CA M24. Ive owned most of the basic designs and gas sniper so i know a little bit and for the money i would go with what i said a TM or CA M24. Gas snipers are nice but its a hassle to keep working and stuff. i haven't owned a HPA system though i don't know how they are im sure there more reliable than propane and green gas. But if your going to spend upwards of $500 i would go with the CA M24 because the mags are cheap and its really nice for the price the only thing you need to do is get a diffrent hop-up nub to put in the gun but if you want something you dont have to touch go with a TM VSR series
BravoLion1

Postby Oven Gnome » Wed May 19, 2010 6:44 pm

I was leaning toward the TM and CA, and no offence Leco but I wont buy JG (quality issues and others). Which gun would cost less/be easier to upgrade? I would like something smaller and lighter also (small player, really young). Im pretty sure the TM is easier to upgrade...
Oven Gnome

Postby leco510 » Wed May 19, 2010 7:08 pm

leco510

Postby BravoLion1 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:58 pm

Oven Gnome-from what i know you can buy a kit to upgrade the CA M24 and the TM im not to sure you would have to get all the parts separate or aftermarket i haven't seen a upgrade kit for it they probably make one though. stock the TM beats the CA in accuracy but the CA beats the TM in Power so that means more money upgrading the TM, But they can be very nice guns though just depends on how much money you want to spend

Leco-Yea i meant the Hop-up you dont have to mess with it like it comes ready to go out of the box my CA M24 i had to but a new Nub in it because the orginal was cheap, now its shooting like a dream
BravoLion1

Postby Oven Gnome » Thu May 20, 2010 5:45 pm

I would prefer to spend less, and the CA looks more realistic (tiny plus 8) ). I would like to be able to buy that upgrade kit for the CA (kits usually are less expensive than separate pieces), but I'm having some trouble finding it. If there IS and upgrade kit for the TM, I would aprreciate a look at that. Compare the two. The TM is looking better right now (avalable upgrades, easy to find and get), and I maaaayyybbbbeee willing to toss in some extra $$$ to get the parts.

Leco-I've seen videos, read reviews, talked to a friend with the rifle, and just about every time I hear something about pieces breaking in the Bar-10...even after upgrades, the parts that are stock break. :x And just wondering...why dont you like KWA? That's a little rare (I think you would agree?).
Oven Gnome

Postby Fridge Gnome » Thu May 20, 2010 6:41 pm

What did you rob bank josh?
Fridge Gnome

Postby leco510 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:27 pm

As for parts kits, the VC cylinder kit is most of what you need.. Add a spring and maybe the V-trigger if you want and you literally have all of your power parts taken care of. Hop-up and barrel components don't usually come in a kit anyways. What parts do you hear about breaking? Depending on what you hear about being problematic, it might not be an issue. With the parts I listed (with the addition of the V-trigger), and the 600$ range of your budget, you would literally be replacing most if not all of the parts I could see breaking. Again, I think going TM would be better in the long run, just my .02.

As for my dislike of KWA, it started with my KWA Usp. It was really fun to play with, until after the first game when I noticed the bucking was ripped. I also noticed, no matter how I adjusted it, the hop-up wouldn't change. Then, the magazines started to leak. I re-sealed the gasket at the bottom, and was going to replace the bucking with a new one. Then, the spring guide snaps one day. I purchased a new one and was somewhat content. Now, the trigger (I blame the desin and the sup-par materials) is broken, the magazines need new valve O-rings, and a new hop-up bucking. At the end of the day, I would still have a pistol that only performed okay, and was really a dissapointment. I now have a 6" Hi-capa and I will never go back. The TM system is leagues ahead of what the KWA system was. Granted, the System 7 did fix some issues, but I still don't really care for the hop-up units and the lack of upgrade parts.

Then, my AR has had issues out the wazoo. It was really good for the first couple months. Then, my hop-up wouldn't push down (on the squishy nub) far enough to actually put spin on the BB. I remedied that with 2 nubs. THEN I had to replace the pistol grip because the screws on the bottom thread directly into the plastic. I also have a model that has the breaking trigger-stop pin. Most of these were pretty easy fixes. New grip, New MBK, DYI trigger-stop pin. The main thing that gets me is that, despite what everyone says, the internals are only Meh. Even my piston (with the stock spring (280 w/.2))didn't even stand up that well. When I put an sp120 into my G36, the piston lasted about 4000 rounds. I am not going to go on and list every problem that my AR had (And still has), but to some it up:

I feel like for 300$, I should get something where I don't have to replace EVERYTHING. Especially now that Evike's Matrix AR is on the market for 200$, I feel like you can do better. If you are going to buy a gun that you will replace everything on, then why spend 300$ on it? I can understand (to a degree) buying one of the new SR's, but for normal AR's one can do better. My G36 was less of a dissapointment, but I got rid of most of the problem parts sooner on it. As for the pistols, I just don't like the hop-up units, which IMO, are one of the most critical parts of a gun. Between that and the lack of aftermarket parts (relative to TM) I just don't care for them. It seems somewhat rare to have my viewpoint on KWA (hence the sig.), but that's that. I don't plan on ever buying another KWA unless I have a bunch of money burning a hole in my pocket and those MP9's are sweet.

leco510

Next

Return to Sniper Rifles