[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - PDI vs. Laylax vs. Polar Star Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

PDI vs. Laylax vs. Polar Star

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

PDI vs. Laylax vs. Polar Star

Postby Oven Gnome » Sun May 23, 2010 6:23 pm

Whats the difference? I know that PDI is the "premier" retailer for the VSR-10 (according to ASGI). Laylax looks less expensive...and finnaly, Polar Star only makes Bar-10/VSR-10, and (as I've heard) is relativly new. I've heard good things about them though...

P.S. If the question has been answered ON THIS FORUM, provide a link please. I could not find any topic on this.

Oven Gnome

Re: PDI vs. Laylax vs. Polar Star

Postby Fridge Gnome » Tue May 25, 2010 11:10 am

Polar star sounds cool :)

I can't advise one whats better, I have laylax in mine.

Remember there is 8mm and 6mm parts. make sure you get compatible parts, also airsoft atlanta seems to have a wider selection of parts, on top of the fact you can get stuff the next day.
Fridge Gnome

Postby Oven Gnome » Tue May 25, 2010 4:23 pm

Oven Gnome

Postby Fridge Gnome » Tue May 25, 2010 5:03 pm

you can follow that, I did not get the smaller sear(I forgot which is which), but it is showing wear, so if you can you need that.(I followed the 500fps guide)

However you don't have to go exactly following it.

What I got:

(a second sear would be good but they are all out of stock)

I am not sure what spring or tightbore I am using, the tightbore is 6.03.

Some mods I did:

Left handed bolt(you probably don't want that :D)

I used some loctite and made the hop up arm concave.

I put a AEG shim on the post that the hop up arm rotates on to keep it from jiggling.
Fridge Gnome

Postby Oven Gnome » Wed May 26, 2010 5:48 am

This guide looks great! Thanks :D I was considering the Nine Ball bucking, hear good things...Laylax looks like the parts to go (in this guide). Why is that mod (making the hop up arm concave) used? What does it do?
Oven Gnome

Postby Fridge Gnome » Wed May 26, 2010 8:18 am

Well the normal arm has 2 prongs, even a slight variation in the prongs length or allinment can cause the bb to spin incorrectly, but if it is concave the slight variation will not have such a large effect.

Check Noobies guide on that website I linked.
Fridge Gnome

Return to Sniper Rifles