[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Bar 10 barrel foam Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Bar 10 barrel foam

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Bar 10 barrel foam

Postby Fridge Gnome » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:39 am

I have seen guides to make barrel spacers out of foam, but what I do is just stuff foam in between the two stock spacers when I partially have the hop up chamber out. is this effective? It seems to reduce the noise which I assume is decreased vibrations, but is this as effective as a spacer?

Fridge Gnome

Re: Bar 10 barrel foam

Postby vulrath » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:33 am

I'm not sure about as a barrel spacer, but on my spring rifle I have stuffed the stock with it, and placed some foam pretty much anywhere the upper receiver and barrel mate with the stock. It dampened the sound considerably. To further the effect, I filled my mock suppressor with foam.

I'd guess that if you really wanted to foam the inside of the barrel, I'd use some of that expanding foam sealant stuff from Walmart on it. Everywhere else, though, I would go with urethane foam from the craft store.
vulrath

Postby Oven Gnome » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:12 am

Leco said that he made barrel spacers (for an L96) from foam and that they worked very well. I'm not sure what kind of foam though. Exactly what kind of foam are you talking about? I'm a bit puzzled :?
Oven Gnome

Postby Fridge Gnome » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:08 pm

I should have specified, its squishy blocks of foam not spray stuff.
Fridge Gnome

Return to Sniper Rifles