[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Building the ultimate M21 Semi-auto Sniper platform Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Building the ultimate M21 Semi-auto Sniper platform

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Re: Building the ultimate M21 Semi-auto Sniper platform

Postby reloaded recon4 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:48 am

yea no reason to build a ultimate m21 if your not going to be satisfied with the externals too.[/quote]
Speaking of externas that paintjob in the link looks very simple.Start with a tan base coat and throw leaves on there then splotch on some OD wherever you like.

reloaded recon4

Postby chrisdetrin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:51 am

i was refering more to the feel of the gun. TM gun metal parts feel better and more satisfying but the TM stock feels CHEAP. hince the G&P.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby reloaded recon4 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:57 am

I know but while we were on the topic of the look and feel of it
reloaded recon4

Postby Katana » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:01 pm

Hey guys, the responses are great! Keep 'em coming. I'm going to edit my first post with a comprehensive parts list, so if something's not compatible, etc, let me know.
"Men get arrested. Dogs get put down." - Rorschach
Katana

Postby xandman » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:28 am

Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , å誉 , å°Šé‡ , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby Katana » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:23 am

A few more questions:

1: Since I'm running a Lipo, will I need upgraded trigger contacts, maybe some heavier gage wiring?
2: Will a reenforced gearbox be required?
Katana

Postby vulrath » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:20 am

I'd get the reinforced gearbox to be safe.

You shouldn't need reinforced trigger contacts, but I would put a MOSFET in. Since you really don't need burst fire or all the other little things that come with the prebuilt ones, I'd just buy a kit and wire it yourself. Cheap, simple, and effective.
vulrath

Postby leco510 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:16 am

He's climbin in your windows, he's snatchin your people up....
leco510

Postby Katana » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:18 pm

A friend pointed me towards this rifle in Ohio Airsoft's boards. I think I'll use it as a base for my project. Should work fine.

Has some upgrades already in it...as follows:

1. Prometheus 590mm 6.03 tight-bore barrel
2. Prometheus M120 spring.
3. Leapers illuminating cross-hair red/green 3-9X50 scope
4. TM scope mount
5. G&P mock silencer
6. x2 King arms mid-caps
7. x1 large type 8.4 volt battery's

This gun is semi only and can not fire in auto anymore. This gun fires at 430 fps and comes with 3 mags plus everything in the picture.

I'm obviously going to get a bigger spring, and a different battery...but how about the tightbore? Should I get a 6.01, or something different from what it comes with?
Katana

Postby vulrath » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:46 am

I'd leave the barrel alone. If I had the money, I'd be getting Promy barrels for all my guns. I have a Nineball (basically Promy; made in the same factory on the same machines from the same materials, different name) 6.03mm ID barrel in my P226, and it is fearsomely amazing. Just give it a good cleaning.

Now the hop bucking and nub, I'd replace. Get yourself a Systema bucking with the nub shaved off and an SCS/PCS (either one will work) nub.
vulrath

Postby leco510 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:45 pm

The reason Shredder reccomends the systema (Or clear guarder) is because their nubs are so small that they still allow the SCS to function properly... If you start removing nubs then that opens up many other options.

He's climbin in your windows, he's snatchin your people up....
leco510

Postby vulrath » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:30 pm

In that case, forget shaving the bucking; just throw the Systema on there and call it a day, or if you want to get creative you can use pretty much any bucking and just shave it.
vulrath

Previous

Return to Sniper Rifles