[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - m14 sniper Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

m14 sniper

Discussion of Airsoft Sniper Rifles

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

m14 sniper

Postby longshot » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:18 pm

I used to be into airsoft alot a had a jg bar 10 , tokyo marui p 90, echo 1 m14 and play with my friends. Then i moved and sold them but now my new friend want to play. I want to spend about 260 on the m14 , and i would love if it came with a battery and charger but if its that good then i guess i could buy it seperate. I know i really like the idea of a standard socom with nothing on it but i really like the idea of a full length barrel with a scope and a long silencer on the end of it. I remeber that my echo didnt have a thread barrel and that was a great gun i just dont know. What are your guys thoughts on this? I see that tokyo maruis are zero to none anymore with this new china thing. I see classic army g&g and echo 1 as my options.

longshot

Re: m14 sniper

Postby vulrath » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:58 pm

Knock the CA off your list. I've worked on one, and it was trouble from the start. We had to resolder the negative lead on the motor on three separate occasions (once at a game), and now the only reason why the gun fires is because we got inventive and shimmed the trigger mechanism inside the gearbox with aluminum foil. Add to that the compression that I couldn't get right no matter what I did (the M130 spring we had in there should have been shooting at 450+ FPS, and yet it was continually chronoing about 290) and its incompatibility with anything that even looked at the MArui in consideration of trying to make it compatible, and the gun has earned my unending hatred. I believe the CA to be a clone of the G&G, so while the quality will probably be worlds better (and there seems to be more than enough positive reviews, I personally still wouldn't go with the G&G because it's got that same gearbox design.

I wouldn't say that TM is out of the running, just out of your price range (a TM M14 goes for around $400-500). I've actually heard pretty good things about the CYMA if you plan on upgrading the snot out of the gun.
vulrath

Postby longshot » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:15 pm

I have been hearing alot of stuff about classic army lately those classi carmy m24s seem to be a stuff factory.
longshot

Postby Lancer » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:44 pm

I wouldn't call TM out.

And per upgrading the CYMA:

Probably the best choice out there. All you need is a good battery, a guarder FTK, a tightbore and bucking. The upgrades should cost under 200 dollars total, and for that 200 you will have one heck of a gun.
Lancer

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:49 pm

I own the G&G and I've watched comparison videos between the G&G and CA and G&G is the better one. The V.4 of the gun is the best so far. Here is how I see it. TM is the king of M14 land, G&P is the runner up and G&G comes in after that. If your on a budget, get a G&G, if you want to drip the extra money, get a G&P or TM. If you want to go for realism as far as size, weight, and how it breaks down, then get a G&G. If you have some money burning a hole in your pocket and you could care less about realism, get a TM. Other than that, don't waste your time with the CA one unless you hear different. Going from what that guy above said, I wouldn't get the CA. What he said about the G&G, I can't completely argue against it but seeing how G&G keeps making theirs better and better, they might have fixed that problem.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby reloaded recon4 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:03 am

Two things I'd like to point out.1-You get what you pay for.So classic Army wouldn't be the BEST internally but 2-You can't buy a bad M14.You can buy one thats not as good as a TM or G&P but with the money you save you can upgrade the internals to be better than a TM depending on which parts you get
reloaded recon4

Postby chrisw670 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:32 pm

"The problem with people today is they talk about their rights and privileges instead of their duties and obligations" - Lou Holtz
chrisw670

Postby NOWWHATSUCCER? » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:49 pm

CYMA. I have heard they are very good. I put a CYMA gearbox in my echo1 m14 and it rocks!
NOWWHATSUCCER?

Postby vulrath » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:16 pm

You really suck at not necroposting. The latest post in this thread was EXACTLY 1 month ago.

We don't keep telling you this to be jerks. We are telling you this to help you stay out of trouble with the mods (and to help keep most of the forum regulars from hating your guts - trust me, you don't want to earn their ire).
vulrath

Postby Carrylim » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:32 pm

You gotta bring that rifle back a tiny bit or you're going to have to adjust after every shot like you're doing here. You should notice the difference, but you're doing good as is. Gotta respect an armed forces member though.
Carrylim

Return to Sniper Rifles